FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Mouse Key as Modifier?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ctrolz

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Mouse Key as Modifier?

Howdy all,

Been a pwnboxer for a few years now and due to the lack of steps,repeater regions type of features have decided to try ISboxer. First of all let me say that it is quite alot to wrap your noodle around initially. However after two days of playing, I have just about got a config that is workable. Recently I used my mouse (microsoft Sidewinder) and Logitech G13 directional pad to facilitate movement. The pad alone would pass wsqe to the main and I would use the bottom thumb button on the mouse as "Alt" to pass to all others for those instance scenarios where team movement is required. I have a copy of other jump key map under the general section that I have modified into

others strafe left
others strafe right
others move forward
others move backward

the hotkey I was assigning was G13-Left, G13-Right, etc.. (respectively) with a Alt modifier checked. Then I had set the bottom thumb button in the microsoft mouse software to Alt. No joy with this setup.

I have since noticed that in the hotkey section there are mouse1-8, however I can't figure out how to set something like mouse4+G13-UP, if it is even possible.

Is there another way that I can achieve the same outcome?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Mouse Key as Modifier?

http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/43-using-any-button-as-modifier-key
This will let you use a mouse button or a G13 button as a modifier. There's also a video http://vimeo.com/8281068
Both of these need a good update though ;)

You could also make a toggle out of pushing the thumbstick button or something, too.
<<

ctrolz

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: Mouse Key as Modifier?

Thanks for the really quick repsonse. This was exactly what I was shooting for. Apparently my search skills need some work.

Return to Key Maps