FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Round-Robin WoW Macro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Round-Robin WoW Macro

I'm trying to make a round robin wow macro.

Basically, I want the one toon to cast Water Walking on each party member in order.

I've made a Keymap (on the Shift L hotkey), with five steps.
Each step does a wow macro action.

For Target, I have selected the shaman.
For Key Combination, I have selected Shift L
Under macro generator, I have: /cast [target=ToonName] Water Walking
Each step has the same information as the others, except the ToonName changes in each step.

It does say: "Different wow macros using this key combination: 4."

I want to be able to spam Shift L, five times, and have the buff on each toon.
But so far, the macro just casts Water Walking, on whichever toon is specified in Step 5.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Round-Robin WoW Macro

Yeah, if you want it to use a different macro it needs to be on a different Key Combination. Since you're using all 5 on Shift+L, they will each overwrite the previous one, resulting in the behavior you're seeing. You can set it up so another one has the Key Combination Alt+L, one has Shift+Alt+L, and so on. A WoW Macro Action is the same as a Keystroke Action (so it's just hitting Shift+L), but the ISBoxer Addon is set up to create and bind this macro when it is loaded (or when you /reloadui).

The easier way to do this is just to have a Do Mapped Key Action on each step, with Target set to who you want it to be cast on in this Step, and FTL Target Me as the mapped key. Then just /cast Water walking is sufficient and all can use the same macro (and key combination). There was a bug with the Target of a Do Mapped Key Action (it always did it as current window regardless of the selected Target), so if you'd like to try this, you'll need an ISBoxer build that isn't up yet as an official update. Here's a direct link to this version: http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/mods/Lavish.ISBoxerSuite.34.boxingday.exe. I will probably push this update soon, especially if you plan on showing others this trick ;)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's not quite working as I would like.
It seems the active toon and the Slot 5 character (Chelsea) are not receiving the buff, when I spam Shift L.
I set it up like this:

Step 1
Do Mapped Key Action - Target Aethera, FTL Target Me.
Keystroke Action (Ezia - Shift L).

Step 2
Do Mapped Key Action - Target Cysta, FTL Target Me.

Step 3
Do Mapped Key Action - Target Caelysta, FTL Target Me.

Step 4
Do Mapped Key Action - Target Ezia, FTL Target Me.

Step 5
Do Mapped Key Action - Target Chelsea, FTL Target Me.

I have Water Walking, directly from the wow spell book, on keybind Shift L, on the shammy Ezia.

On further testing, the Keymap FTL Target Me does not seem to work for any toon in Slot 5.
In my configuration I have the " \ " key, as the hotkey for FTL Target Me.
Even as a Do Mapped Key action, the other toons will not target whoever is in slot 5.
Instead, a random other toon becomes party leader (never the toon in Slot 5).
Not really sure what is causing that, but its persistent across each of my four teams.

*Edit*
Tried this with the download you posted.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Sounds like there's another binding that uses \ in your configuration, matching the FTL modifiers in slot 5. (Note that it's the Key Combination, not the Hotkey that matters for this)
Slot 5 by default is Ctrl+Shift. That means if you manually press Ctrl+Shift+\ in the game, you should see exactly this behavior. It's either a Key Binding from WoW, or it could be something in your ISBoxer config set up to use Ctrl+Shift+\ for the Key Combination
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm using Left Alt + Left Ctrl, for my Slot 5 FTL Modifiers.
In game, I've bound and unbound \ along with \ plus every combination of modifier keys.

Changing the hotkey from \ to G7, has the same behavior.
I don't use G7 as a wow hotkey or an IS Boxer hotkey.
It still works for every slot, except slot 5.

Not really sure what's causing it.
After changing the hotkey back to \, I experimented.
The \ key with slot 5 FTL modifiers does nothing, in warcraft.
However, the \ key on its own, changes who the leader is.
On any toon (any character set) other then slot 5, it functions normally.

Incidentally, my CTM On and CTM Off keymaps (In the Follow/JambaMaster Keymap) no longer work, as of the experimental build.
I did not change anything in the IS Boxer toolkit.
The hotkey for the keymap ( Ctrl + Alt + , ) still disables click to move, within wow.

My pastebin is here: http://pastebin.com/m3486d414
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Okay. Your configuration clearly shows me the problem. :)

Your Key Combination for FTL Target Me is F12, rather than \ (which is indeed the Hotkey -- the key you press). So when you hit \ as character 5, it's hitting Ctrl+Alt+F12 according to your FTL Modifiers.

Ctrl+Alt+F12 is the Key Combination used for your Follow/JambaMaster key. Therefore, when you hit \ as slot 5, it will use the macro found in Follow/JambaMaster, which is overriding the FTL on F12.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:56 am

Thanks.

Not sure when it changed to F12.
Changed it back to \ and FTL Target Me works fine for all toons.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:33 am

The round-robin, is not behaving as expected.
If spammed long enough it eventually hits everyone, but the order is not slot 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Pressed from the Slot 1 toon, I got the toons in these slots:
4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 3, 4, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 4, 5, 2, 4, 5, 5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 2, 4, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 2.

Pressed from the Slot 2 toon, I got the toons in these slots:
5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1.

Pressed from the Slot 3 toon, I got the toons in these slots:
4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5.

Pressed from the Slot 4 toon, I got the toons in these slots:
1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3

Pressed from the Slot 5 toon, I got the toons in these slots:
3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 1, 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4.

I see a pattern for the keymap, pressed from Slots 2 and 4.
But when pressed from Slots 1, 3, and 5, it seems random.

*Edit*

I would prefer to get the FTL Target Me, version working.
But have come up with a version that gets the job done.

A 10 step keymap.
On steps 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9, it has the Shammy press F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5.
On steps 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10, it has the Shammy press the keybind for Water Walking.

Also reverted to the http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/mod ... ite.34.exe build, and my CTM keymaps work again. The 10-step version, worked under both builds.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:03 am

You didn't set the Target for the Do Mapped Key Action to All or something did you? ;) Unless multiple characters are getting that instruction, I can't imagine why the first step would target characters 3 4 or 5, let alone someone different the first time you press it on each guy.

The reason your CTM On map probably doesn't appear to work in the new version is the fix to the Target of Do Mapped Key Action. Here's why: The Target of a Do Mapped Key Action defines who effectively presses the key. In the old build, the Target was inadvertently ignored, meaning that the current window, and only the current window, was ever doing this Action. The new build fixes this bug. Applied to your configuration, your Follow/JambaMaster is set to "Do CTM On in General Key Map -> all other" -- so all of them EXCEPT the current window will execute the mapped key, as if you had pressed the Hotkey in that window. Literally the opposite of what happens with bug in this scenario, which was that ONLY the current window would execute it. This is a problem for you because your CTM On mapped key is set to press Ctrl+Alt+. on all other. So, each window besides the one you're in, is getting the instruction to press Ctrl+Alt+. on every window besides that one. Net result is, your window turns it off and then turns it on a few times.

The fix is simply to set one or the other (either the Do Mapped Key Action, or the CTM On key) to have a self target. Which one is up to you, but if you don't ever hit the CTM On/CTM Off manually, my suggestion is to set the mapped key to self. This, as a general rule, would give you more flexibility when using Do Mapped Key Action.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:42 pm

With the new version, on any character switch, all toons run the CTM On keymap.
Which is the behavior I want for all of the slaves.

However, the new master/active toon was not running the keymap CTM off.

So I just need to play with who the target is, for each keymap, and it will be fine.
Good to know.

*Edit*
I have two "Do Mapped Key" actions, added to my Follow/JambaMaster keymap.
The first has the target set as "Window: All w/o current" (all other), for CTM On.
The second has the target of "Window: Current" (self), for CTM Off.

Kind of lost here.
I need to enable CTM as on, for slaves.
And CTM as off, for the current window.

If I only include "off" for the current window, then one of the slaves will still be off as well.

For the Do Mapped Key Action.
Each of the five steps had a specific toon as the target for the FTL Target Me keymap.

I tried it with both, reset to step 1 five seconds after the last push (and gave it time to reset).
And with no reset condition, so it would theoretically always be on the next step from the last pushed.

In both cases, the order seemed pretty random.
Except that whichever toon was actively controlled, took an inordinate number of pushes, before they became the target.

Return to Key Maps