FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Use Right Shift, Right Alt or Right Ctrl for keymap hotkey?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gteye

Post Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:30 pm

Use Right Shift, Right Alt or Right Ctrl for keymap hotkey?

Hi,

I did some searching and didn't see anything so figured I would ask here.

I went through the mapped key wizard and it allows you to define Ctrl, Shift, Alt as the modifiers. These don't differentiate between a left or a right click of a key.

You can set the key that gets transmitted to the destinatoon window/computer to send a Right Shift for example but not the key you actually press for the hotkey.

Is there any way to have one mapped key set to Left Ctrl -> Right Shift -> F11 and another different key mapped to Left Ctrl -> Left Shift -> F11

My apologies if this is all explained somewhere, I honestly did try to find it :)

Thanks.
<<

Rook

Post Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:34 am

Re: Use Right Shift, Right Alt or Right Ctrl for keymap hotkey?

I haven't found much information that covers this use case. I'm not sure why it isn't supported.

From what I can tell, using left / right modifiers, in conjunction with other keys (i.e. Left Shift + F1), as a hotkey in a keymap isn't supported. You can, however, use only the modifier key (Left / Right Shift) without combining it with another key as a hotkey.

If you happen to find any info on how to get it to work, please post a link. I'd be interested.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:39 am

Re: Use Right Shift, Right Alt or Right Ctrl for keymap hotkey?

Rook wrote:I haven't found much information that covers this use case. I'm not sure why it isn't supported.

From what I can tell, using left / right modifiers, in conjunction with other keys (i.e. Left Shift + F1), as a hotkey in a keymap isn't supported. You can, however, use only the modifier key (Left / Right Shift) without combining it with another key as a hotkey.

If you happen to find any info on how to get it to work, please post a link. I'd be interested.

Correct, ISBoxer Hotkeys -- as well as Hotkeys in most games -- do not differentiate between left and right modifers.

However, you can use a Do Mapped Key Action to accomplish this, using the "only do if this key is pressed" option

Return to Key Maps