FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with my grouping key

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OldRodKS

Post Tue May 18, 2021 11:07 am

Problem with my grouping key

I'm having problems with my grouping hotkey in Everquest. I saw a video tutorial on setting up a hotkey to group all my characters at the same time, and it looks like I've done it the same way as in the video, but it's not working.

On my main tank, I have a hotkey to invite each of the other characters, in order - then on each of the other characters, I have a hotkey with "/pause 20, /inv" - the pause # varies so the characters are grouped in the correct order, at least that's the hope

All of these hotkeys are on the same location on the hotbars of every character, and are all called with the same Everquest in-game hotkey.

However, when I turn on keymaps and hit the ISBoxer hotkey to form my group, it only works about 1/3 of the time. The rest of the time, the other characters get the group invite, but they never respond to it. They are all in the same zone, standing next to each other, so it's not an issue of having to send the request to another zone.

Is this a problem with my pause? Does it maybe need to be longer?

What am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks!
<<

OldRodKS

Post Wed May 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Re: Problem with my grouping key

OK, I fiddled around with this some more last night.

If I have my windows stacked all on one screen, this works just fine.

If I have some of the windows on a different screen, then it only works less than half the time. Very strange.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 pm

The only thing that comes to mind without seeing any other detail, is that the CPU strategy may be playing a part. Try the CPU strategy Wizard, and make sure to select the last option in the drop down of the second half. This will be something like "Select all cpus with every window......." (with some numbers which represent the cores per window and this changes depending on your CPU).

Export and see if that helps.
<<

OldRodKS

Post Fri May 21, 2021 1:10 pm

I think this was a user error... I have a feeling I may have been hitting the in-game EQ hotkey bind, rather than the ISBoxer hotkey... not 100% sure if that was the problem, but it's working now :)

Return to Key Maps