Moderator: MiRai

<<

oldgoat

Post Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:16 am

Reset rotation to step 1

I have a question for my necro and enchanter in Everquest:

I've set up a rotation for both of them, using my spam key 1 which does:

1. Debuffs, then set to not advance for 8s, only trigger once
2. Cast a dot (then set to not advance for 5s, trigger only once)
3. Cast another dot (then set to not advance for 5s, trigger only once)
4. Nuke & wait. This is allowed to trigger many times
5 Nuke & Wait. This is also allowed to trigger many times.

I expect to see 1-3 only once per mob, then 4 & 5 repeating, but this is not happening.
ALSO - whenever I engage a NEW mob, I'd like the enchanter to forget all about her steps and start over at step 1.

A post here suggests I turn OFF the enchanter's rotation, then ON again, but that did nothing.
isboxer_AssistMacro.png
Asssist macro
isboxer_AssistMacro.png (47.29 KiB) Viewed 6932 times

I've also tried to set Step states back to enabled, and then force step 1, not working either.
Here is my enchanter's rotation:
Enchanter_Rotation.png
Enchanter_Rotation.png (29.74 KiB) Viewed 6932 times

I may be assuming the wrong things here, some help in clarifying this would be worthy of a huge bearhug :)
<<

oldgoat

Post Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 am

Re: Reset rotation to step 1

Adding to my explanation what I want to happen:
rotation_Desired.png
rotation_Desired.png (34.36 KiB) Viewed 6927 times

This rotation happens when I spam my number 1 key, it SEEMS to be working as expected, but I can't be sure, I seem to see my enchanter casting step 1 even though I set it to "Only trigger once" but it goes back after the final nuke goes off instead of repeating from step 3.

Additionally, if someone can tell me how to reset the entire set of steps from a different key, that'd be sweet.
Can I, on ONE key press, both turn OFF and then turn ON again this rotation like I attempted above on my necro?

Again, thanks for the patience
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:40 pm

oldgoat wrote:ALSO - whenever I engage a NEW mob, I'd like the enchanter to forget all about her steps and start over at step 1.
ISBoxer has no idea when you engage a new mob. But, you can use a "reset" mapped key that will reset everything.

oldgoat wrote:A post here suggests I turn OFF the enchanter's rotation, then ON again, but that did nothing.

Disabling a mapped key is not the same as unloading a key map. You should use a Mapped Key Step State Action to set back to step 1. Make sure you do it for ALL windows. Your current target of 5 would work, if that is the character you are driving from. Looking at the rotation mapped key, it will be executing on the active Window, and telling the slot5 toon what to do. This means the reset needs to happen on the active window, not on slot5, whose copy of the mapped keys is not executing.

oldgoat wrote:1. Debuffs, then set to not advance for 8s, only trigger once
2. Cast a dot (then set to not advance for 5s, trigger only once)
3. Cast another dot (then set to not advance for 5s, trigger only once)
4. Nuke & wait. This is allowed to trigger many times
5 Nuke & Wait. This is also allowed to trigger many times.

This does not do what you are expecting because, the Step1 only trigger once, means while it is not advancing to the next step for 8 seconds, a subsequent hotkey press wont cause this action to execute again, while we are dilly dallying around for 8 seconds (you have the same for Step2, but 5 seconds). On step 5, there is nothing to tell it to go to a specific step, so it rotates as per normal, which is back to step 1.

The quick and dirty, would be on Step5, use a Mapped Key Step State Action, to set to Step 3. This however still wont do quite what you want, as you could rotate through 4 and 5 quite quickly, and it will be back to 3.
I suspect what you are attempting to do is much more complex, and usually requires a bit of separation so you can use a middleman mapped key too manage the calls, and the calls themselves, would have the Keystroke Action, but also use a number of Mapped Key Step State Actions to manipulate the middleman, so it can then manage cast timers (i.e. the time it takes to cast a spell), and cooldown timers (the time it takes before the spell is ready for the next execution). This is all covered somewhat in this post
<<

oldgoat

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 am

Thanks for the reply.

Oh boy, there's a lot to process there. I watched your video, and I see you have different combat stances for invoking different key sequences, that is nifty, and exactly where I want to get, but.. one baby step at the time :)

If we start with something extremely simple, for example, my enchanter's TASH, which for the sake of argument has a 6 minute duration. Following the logic of your video, I would essentially:

1. Define a key map named "ENC Spell - Tash", and assign that to my enchanter only.
The key map does ALT+1 (cast spell 1)
Then it looks as if you're setting a timer to ENABLE the same step in 600s (does this automatically make it disabled?)

2. Create a new Key Map for the Enchanter, name it "Enchanter Standard Rotation" where the first step is to:
- Reset the Tash timer
- Execute the Enc Spell Tash key first. I see you disable and re-enable things in your video, but I am assuming that is the combat stances, which I'm currently not yet ready for.

Following actions can then set the next step like you explained, i.e. by casting a nuke at position 5, then set the next step to be step 3 as you suggested, perhaps with a NO KEY dummy to hold a timer to wait for the spell to finish casting.

I was using IsBoxer some 4 years ago, but just got back and setting everything up from scratch, it's not trivial, but sure is fun!
Is my thinking right here? (MAN sometimes, I Wish we had a discord server where I could show my set up and just talk it through with someone who knows what I am trying to achieve).
<<

bob

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:27 am

Mmmmm, Discord...... yes, we've heard of that.
<<

oldgoat

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:36 am

OMGOSH, I'm blind :D
<<

bob

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:45 am

Paying attention to your other issues.
Most spells have a Cast time - i.e. time it takes to cast the spell, and Cooldown time before you can recast the spell. Even if they are instant cast, there is usually a global cooldown before any other spell can be fired.

So with those, there are usually 4 things that have to happen.

1. Cast Spell
2. Disable all actions so casting does not get interrupted
3. Renable all actions after cast completed.
4. Disable this spell
5. Renable this spell after cooldown has completed.

In a "Pro-Config", the structure of that lends itself to this kind of setup. There would be 4 levels.

1. Hotkey -> Rotation. This calls Virtual Combat
2. Virtual Combat -> Rotation. Simply an "empty" mapped key, used as a placeholder to be "replaced"
3. Class Key Map -> Rotation. This is the rotation master. Simply has Single steps, and each step is a Do Mapped Key Action
4. Spells - one mapped key for each spell. This is called in the Class Key Map -> Rotation. Inside each of these is the "guts".

The "guts", is as outlined above, and it works along the lines of
1. Cast Spell (Key Stroke Action)
2. Disable all actions so casting does not get interrupted (Mapped Key State Action to disable Virtual Combat -> Rotation)
3. Renable all actions after cast completed. (Mapped Key State Action to enable Virtual Combat -> Rotation, with a Timer to specify the time)
4. Disable this spell (Mapped Key Step State Action to disable Class Key Map -> Rotation, step that calls this spell)
5. Renable this spell after cooldown has completed. (Mapped Key Step State Action to enable Class Key Map -> Rotation, step that calls this spell, with a Timer to specify when this should be re-enabled).

You have a couple of other requirements, so Step 1 and 2 of your current setup don't need to be quite so convoluted, but steps 3, 4, and 5, look like they should be good for the above setup.

What you do need is the reset to Step1, which would need to be handled via a separate mapped key. There are a few other options too, like the reset to step xxx since the last hotkey press, or it would even be possible to have a mapped key step state action which was updated on every step, and just set a timer before it reset. e.g. 15 seconds, so if it stopped rotating for some reason, then it would just reset itself.

Return to Key Maps