FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rotate through active characters.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xukil

Post Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Rotate through active characters.

I know I can set a hotkey for each character but is there a clean and easy way to make a "Next character" button? I could probably do it with steps. but what I want to do is have a radial menu with a Next button that just cycles through windows.

To be honest I haven't set about trying it yet. I'm just wanting to know if its possible and maybe get a push in the right direction.

Reason is my main driver character might change and I would like an easy way to make an alt the driver...:eek:
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:07 am

Re: Rotate through active characters.

Under ISB42 - Always On, there is a Next Window and a Previous Window mapped key. Just needs a Hotkey or two.

If you want a radial menu, that is a bit of a different requirement. You'd end up with a mapped key per menu button, unless the menu is just for looks, then it would be one button and you have an image which changes, as you move toons. That requires a bit of work too, as you'd need a different mapped key per image, and some funky work to drive it
<<

Xukil

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:31 pm

My profile is older then the ISB42- prefab helper stuff. I started with a blank file and built up mostly everything by trial and error. Since EQ's double XP event is over I will mess around and see what I can come up with. I have buttons that turn off and on each characters Spam key macro through my mouse and videoFX in different configurations. I just want put it all into a radial menu that stuff on when I need it, but I want one of the buttons to be a NEXT-WINDOW type thing that goes around in circles.

Should be fun to work out and im sure whats in my head wont be what ends up in the game but thats ok. :eek:
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Ok, The pre- ISB42 key maps, the Next Window and Previous Window mapped keys would have been in "Always On". If yours is even older than that, then it was called General.

If you did start with a Blank setup so have nothing to go on, the action that it uses is a Window Focus Action, and the Rotate Forward option. By default there is a filter to bypass DXnothing windows.

Return to Key Maps