FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Character in Slot 5 is not being followed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gustavogadea

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Character in Slot 5 is not being followed

Hello;
5 man team in Wow Retail. All "follow" work well except nobody seems to want to follow character in slot 5.
My troubleshooting:
Bind/unbind F11, S-F11, C-F11, A-F11 on all characters.
Matched all keybindings for 5 toons to same key set in Wow.
Swapped Slot 4 toon with Slot 5 toon, problem persists in slot 5
Disabled all other Addons
From each toon's screen tried pressing: L-Shift-F11, L-Control-F11, L-Alt-F11, R-Shift-F11 for all toons and I get the expected individual Slot-follow. But when I press R-Control-F11 I get "You don't have a target"

On a different 5 men team with all different toons; no problems.

My suspicion is that the right Control key is not being passed to Wow for this particular team as I have proven that F11 does work and Right-Control-F11 works well on other 5 men teams.
Profile attached. Problem team name is: Pal-Dru-Mon-Rog-Dru
Any help would be awesome, thanks.
Attachments
For troubleshooting.xml
Following your recent Youtube 1 on 1 series
(374.48 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:33 am

Re: Character in Slot 5 is not being followed

RCTRL has nothing to do with it.

Because of the way the FTL macros are written, you cannot have ANY in game binds using F11, whether F11 by itself, or F11 + any combo of modifiers.

But it certainly would help if you test the correct one.

As it is not slot5 that receives the combo when the others follow them, then you need to test the combo on the other 4 slots.
<<

gustavogadea

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:58 am

Thank you Bob.
I dismissed the highlighted part because a bit higher up reads "Mapped Key JambaMaster" and I don't use that.
I stand corrected in terms of my wrong assumption with RCtrl, however I still don't understand why it doesn't work.

I did fix it by changing the FTL modifier from LC+SC to LC+LA. But I would love to understand why this fixed it. As absolutely nothing in game is key-bound F11+anything.

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:51 am

gustavogadea wrote:I did fix it by changing the FTL modifier from LC+SC to LC+LA. But I would love to understand why this fixed it. As absolutely nothing in game is key-bound F11+anything.
That fact that this works around the issue, would imply there is something bound to LC+LS+F11. And only on those 4 characters in slot 1 to 4 (possibly 5 too, but they would not be affected), seeing as your other character sets, with the same setup, work.

Return to Key Maps