[WoW] Key map issue for Follow - WoW Classic

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Stormshadow79NZ

Post Sun May 17, 2020 5:41 am

Key map issue for Follow - WoW Classic

Hi all,

I am hoping you can help.

I went through the quick setup wizard and the only changes I made from default were the key bind for "Follow" and "Assist" - Changed them to F5 and F6 - which through my g-hub software are mapped to two of my mouse buttons.

I get a weird behavior in game. If I press the F5 mapped key for Follow - (Slot 1 is my main character I want to control) - Slot 2 through to 5 seem to choose different targets to follow.

However, if I change to control slot 2, 3, 4 or 5 and press the F5 mapped key for follow... all party members including slot 1 correctly set follow to currently active character.

The issue seems to be issuing the command from Slot 1 - I have double checked there aren't any other key bindings in the client that should be interfering. I have also cleared ISBoxer completely and reconfigured but still have the same behaviour.

Any ideas? I am hitting a brick wall, I have spent a couple of hours watching the videos and have no idea where I am going wrong. I am using ELVui on the character in slot 1 and have disabled a lot of addons for the other slots. ISboxer add on is enabled for all.

Thanks for your time.

:)

----------

It's ok, I think I have solved it. I had to go to each character and reset all interface options... there must have been some funky key maps. Sorted now! ;)
<<

Stormshadow79NZ

Post Sun May 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Re: Key map issue for Follow - WoW Classic

Actually, cancel that - not fixed... It seemed to fix itself when in game last night. When I load up this morning I have the same behaviour again :) - Very confused. Help please :D
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: Key map issue for Follow - WoW Classic

While I'm late to reply, the ISBoxer add-on prints out any conflicting key binds in your chat window, and any listed conflicts should, more often than not, be resolved. With that, the answer is likely 9.5 from the FAQ, but if that doesn't resolve the issue, then 9.6 covers everything else.

https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ

Return to Key Maps