FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse aux 1 button not working with ISboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hinastorm

Post Sat May 09, 2020 9:28 pm

Mouse aux 1 button not working with ISboxer

This is in everquest.

I have a button in game set to an extra mouse button, the game lists it as mouse aux one. When I press this key in game with key maps turned off, it works fine.

I created a keymap to hit this button on all of my characters but the main, i've created several keys this way with no trouble. Curiously, ISboxer recognizes the key as Mouse 4, not mouse aux 1 like the game does.

I export to inner space, as normal when creating a key.

When key maps are on, the key is not working, when I turn them off, the key works fine, but only on the selected character, of course, since keymaps are off.

Could it possibly be because the game and ISboxer are recognizing the key differently? If so, is there a fix for this.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 17, 2020 1:58 am

Re: Mouse aux 1 button not working with ISboxer

ISBoxer generally recognizes mouse buttons as they are. Not sure about EQ.

You are correct in that it might be a mismatch, which is usually because of languages.
The other choice is that, it's a mouse button, and depending on where the cursor is located in the other games, the mouse input may be treated differently, even the extra mouse buttons. As a general rule, it is better to not have ISBoxer send mouse buttons as in game keybinds, but just use them as a hotkey in ISBoxer and have it translate to something else for the game. Most games allow duplicate binds on elements, so this can be used to allow for non boxing time too.

Return to Key Maps