FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird Broadcast Behavior

Moderator: MiRai

<<

berrylolz

Post Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:34 am

Weird Broadcast Behavior

Hi everyone,

first I want to thank the people of ISBoxer for creating such an amazing tool and the passion they show for keep it going.

I usually only had one group in WoW that I play, but recently I decided to go for a 2man shaman team.
So i copied the Custom Hotkeys, changed it's name to Custom Hotkeys 2, made sure my new team used the Custom Hotkeys 2 instead of 1 and deleted all hotkeys in there to start from 0. I added some hotkeys with the wizard and they seem to work just fine - but something is just off.
The behavior is weird, so let me give some examples:
- when I have Activate Maps on and open the chat in my main window and press 1 (or 2 3 4 5) my main window types 11; why twice?
- when I have Activate Maps off, 1 (or 2 3 4 5) still gets broadcasted to my 2. window. This is weird because the group which uses Custom Hotkeys does not have this problem
- when I have Activate Repeat on, 1 (or 2 3 4 5) does not get broadcasted at all.
- this leads to some really annoying issues like I simply cannot log in both accounts at once because no matter what is on/off, not everything gets broadcasted and some keys get typed twice on the main window or typing in game is nearly impossible because the 2. window still does things.

In general I don't get why it happens because the original Custom Hotkeys never had that issue and I just copied it.

I really appreciate any helpful tips - please tell me if you need some more input :)
Best wishes
Vitamina-e :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:41 am

Re: Weird Broadcast Behavior

When making new Key Maps (even copies of the default ones), if they're going to contain mapped keys with Hotkeys, you may want to add them to the Key Map toggle, so you can turn them on and off.
https://isboxer.com/wiki/Activate_Maps

If you want to have a Key Map that is specific to a team, then it should still be added to the toggle, but you should also set the Character Set black/whitelists to include or exclude specific key maps from certain sets.

<<

berrylolz

Post Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:44 am

Re: Weird Broadcast Behavior

Hi bob,

both of your advices fixes all my issues I had. Thank you so much!
Really funny to see how much magic the default settings do behind closed curtains.

Best wishes,
Vitamina-e :)

Return to Key Maps