FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Specific key (2) not broadcasting.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

narakis

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:47 am

Specific key (2) not broadcasting.

Hi, first : sorry for my bad english, i'm french. (Azerty keyboard, maybe it's the problem)

I have a problem with a keymap who not work. My key "2" work only with the broadcasting on (shift-alt-r).

No problem with the other key.

"2" and "é" is the same key on a azerty keyboard, it change if the capital letter key is on or off. (Other key 1/3/4/5/6/8/9/0 work in the same way, and work perfectly with isboxer for me)

my config : https://pastebin.com/CgMJfw8C

edit : I use isboxer with wow classic
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 am

Re: Specific key (2) not broadcasting.

Usually the hotkey should be whatever that key sends natively without modifiers.

e.g. for me, the 2 key is 2 or " depending on whether SHIFT is held. If you have a tri state key, then it gets more complicated, but essentially, the hotkey should still be the native unmodified value, and if you want the modified value as a hotkey, it should be SHIFT+2, and not ".

/ed
I see that "é" probably is the native value for you, so it might be all good.
If you think it is not running, put a Popup Text Action to validate that.
<<

narakis

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:22 am

-I have tried all the différent modifier (shift/ALT/etc....) and that don't work.

-When I put a popup message it not show when I press the key.

-If I change the shortcut, it works for the message, but not send the key to other windows.

-When I make all other characters ready to type in the chat, nothing is written when I press the shortcut on the main.
Strangely the key é/2 work fine in the full broadcasting mode or when I play my alto solo.

Well, the other keys work fine, so it's not so bad, but just a bit frustrating. ;)
<<

bob

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:05 am

When key maps are enabled, chat is not going to be the best place to be testing things. Mainly because things like Auto Assist send a Backspace to the game, so letters that you type will potentially be wiped out.

That said, if the popup is working, then ISBoxer is sending something to the game, and it will be a virtual key code that represents what it is configured to send. Your profile translates to a 2 key to me, so I can only imagine it is indeed sending the configured value, and that is for some reason being misinterpreted by the game.

It would probably help to know what language and keyboard layout you are using so it can be looked into.
<<

narakis

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:41 pm

The popup work only if i change the shortcut (in isboxer).

I use a azerty keyboard (french), world of warcraft and windows are french too.

If other french read the forum i'm interested if it work for you. Don't hésite to post a message :D .

(again sorry for the bad english)

"When key maps are enabled, chat is not going to be the best place to be testing things. Mainly because things like Auto Assist send a Backspace to the game, so letters that you type will potentially be wiped out."

Any method for test what key isboxer is sending outside the chat ?
<<

bob

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:25 pm

narakis wrote:The popup work only if i change the shortcut (in isboxer).

This might just be terminology, but what do you mean "change the shortcut"? The Hotkey to trigger the mapped key? or do you mean just adding the Popup Text action? If the hotkey, then that would explain it, and means we need to look into why ISBoxer is not recognizing that key as a Hotkey, rather than why it is not getting to the game.

narakis wrote:Any method for test what key isboxer is sending outside the chat ?

Sure, the debug console. https://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Debugging_Console
<<

narakis

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:25 am

This might just be terminology, but what do you mean "change the shortcut"?

The Hotkey to trigger the mapped key.

Nothing showing in the debug window when I press the key. (It work for the other keymaps)

Return to Key Maps