FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Mixed Team Keybind Toggle for AOE vs Single Target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sisyphus

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:18 pm

[WoW] Mixed Team Keybind Toggle for AOE vs Single Target

Hey there,

Looking for guidance on a key bind problem. My team is mixed (warrior, two mages, warlock, priest). Here’s what I’m trying to solve for:

I can’t figure out how to continue to box from my warrior (multiple keys for optimal DPS/tanking), while using those same keys to send commands to my DPS casters in either/or single target and AoE situations. In other words, i use 1-3 to send key commands to my warrior, which send frost bolt commands to my mages. Sometimes I want to continue to do warrior things while having my casters AoE. If I press 1-3 on my warrior they are trying to do single target DPS vs. their AoE spells.

So, I thought the solution might be: could I make a toggle (let’s say it’s MB3) that when turned on/off, would send the caster DPS keys to their single target spells or AoE spells, while still allowing me to use the same keys on my warrior in either situation? How would one go about doing that?

What I’m left with now is “clicking” (ugh..) on my warrior keys while sending AoE commands to my casters.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:31 am

Re: [WoW] Mixed Team Keybind Toggle for AOE vs Single Target

Sisyphus wrote:In other words, i use 1-3 to send key commands to my warrior, which send frost bolt commands to my mages.
could I make a toggle (let’s say it’s MB3) that when turned on/off, would send the caster DPS keys to their single target spells or AoE spells, while still allowing me to use the same keys on my warrior in either situation? How would one go about doing that?

What you need is the Mapped Key Virtualization Action in a 2-step toggle. See https://isboxer.com/wiki/Mapped_Key_Vir ... ion_Action

- Make a mapped key 'Mage single target DPS' which does frostbolt on the mages and another mapped key 'Mage AoE DPS' which does arcane explosion.
- In your warrior mapped keys (1-3) instead of sending frostbolt directly to the mages, call 'Mage single target DPS' instead with Do Mapped Key Action.
- Then make another mapped key 'Toggle Mage AoE' with 2 steps: first step remaps 'Mage single target DPS' to 'Mage AoE DPS'. The second step unmaps 'Mage single target DPS' back to its original function.
- Bind the 'Toggle Mage AoE' with your preferred key, e.g. mouse3.
- Now pressing mouse3 will switch between the two mapped keys.

You can go even further and use a clickbar button to visually show in which state the virtualised action is. I have this with an icon for Frostbolt which changes to an icon for Arcane Explosion when AOE is remapped. I also have clickbar buttons for toggling healer DPS and auto-IWT on/off. You can look at the standard toggle keymaps and repeater clickbars for an example how to do this. See https://isboxer.com/wiki/Click_Bar

Return to Key Maps