FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Hotkey seems to be passed to client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ru2

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Hotkey seems to be passed to client

I have a mapped key with a wow macro action. The macro casts Sunfire. The hotkey for the mapped key is 3.

On my action bar I have slot with Solar Wrath that is bound to 3. When I press 3 I cast Solar Wrath. If I remove Solar Wrath from that action bar slot, then I cast Sunfire.

I thought InnerSpace did not pass hotkeys through to the client. So I don't understand this behavior.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Hotkey seems to be passed to client

If ISBoxer has a Hotkey on a mapped key, then no, the hotkey does not get passed through to the games. But the actions that the hotkey triggers, might be (if they are the appropriate action type), and this might end up sending a 3 to the game.

The default setup in ISBoxer includes mapped keys, with hotkeys, in the "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" key map, and these will by default include 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, and = (adjust as necessary for some EU languages). So, if you happen to have set up a new Mapped Key, without removing the hotkey on the old mapped key, then they will both be executing when you press the hotkey, and as the default mapped key in Combat Broadcast Hotkeys will send 3 to the game, you may be getting both mapped keys firing, and in the game one of the actions ends up taking precedence over the other.

It may also matter what Key Bind you have set for your macro. If this is also 3, then that will also be a problem as you cannot have multiple things in the game keybinds (macros included here) that have the same keybind. Unpredictable results will abound.
<<

ru2

Post Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Hotkey seems to be passed to client

I thought I had unbound all the mapped keys in "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys". But I just checked and only the first two are unbound.

Thanks.

Return to Key Maps