FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pressed or Released

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sway

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Pressed or Released

Ive come accros a problem that I cant seem to figure out why it is (hope I make myself understandable in English)

I have a well working multibox setup of 10 toons in wow classic, which my healing is working fine on. (this means I use clickbar to target the toon that needs heals and I click ONE time and it gets healed from healer)
Now I have made a setup of 20 toons in wow classic and for some reason when I use same clickbar as on my 10-toon setup, just with the new character set, I have to now click two times over each clickbar to target the SLOT.
"should mention that everyother time it works on first click, then it needs to be pushed twice before it works again on first click"

Hope someone can guide me as to why this problem appears when on 20 toons character set and not the 10 toon character set, when everything else is the same, same clickbar same keymaps all character sets appointed accordingly, virtual mapped keys are set etc.
But I just have to push twice now to do the same healing.

Kindly regards
Sway
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: Pressed or Released

Same computer?
Without being able to dig through the profile to see if there are any issues with it, then I'd have to take a guess that perhaps the CPU/GPU is more loaded than with the 10 char set, and thus things get dropped. Sometimes the CPU strategy is important here, othertimes it is just too much load.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13
<<

Sway

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:26 pm

It is the same computer, Ryzen 9 3900x cpu, gpu 1080TI

here is a link to the profile:
https://ybin.me/p/b99dbacbef4d5f1d#xnz6 ... f6N+AaTV4=

And thank you for quick response much appreciated.
<<

bob

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:10 pm

A few clues about what does what would have helped :), but I see what is going on there.

So you've only got the targeting setup on the WOW 20 Men, the 20 Men Team is not assigned to the macro set.
But I suspect the issue is actually CPU performance, and not for the reason I thought.

You are probably going to have to play around with a custom CPU strategy a bit, and maybe even manually set cores, as it is probable that there is a performance loss with all games being assigned to all cores. The CCX split on the Ryzens can have a detrimental effect on performance at times, and to get the best performance, you don't want games to be switching CCXs. This is why AMD offer a gaming mode that disables half your cores to ensure there is no CCX swapping going on. We don't want to do that, but rather use affinity to make sure games cannot migrate CCX.

As an aside, you also in your Druid - Restoration, Paladin - Holy, Priest - Holy, key map, want to set the target on the ST Heal Rotation actions to Window:Current and no round robin. You are already doing the group thing and round robin up in the Healing key map actions.

/e - much later when I looked again....
I also note that the Healing Key Map is set to execute a step when "pressed OR released" as the default. As most of the mapped keys only have one step, and are using the default execute a step option, they are executing twice when you click, which is also going to cause issues too as the keystrokes, while the same, can cause the game to cancel actions it is currently performing.
You should have these either on Pressed, or Released only, and if you happen to have a specific mapped key that needs the two steps to execute on the keydown/keyup, then you set this for that mapped key.
<<

Sway

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:46 pm

I have tried many things regarding the cpu setup, and have now some numbers to give regarding cpu load.

My system works upto 11 accounts, Clickbar works as intended one click at the slot is targeted and ready to receive healing.

So 11 accounts gives a cpu load of 17% usage

From 12 accounts and upwards clickbar no longer function as intended, now it shifts between 1 or 2 mouse-presses to target the slot and receive healing.

12 accounts gives a cpu load of 20% usage

So in my mind it cant be a CPU problem, when so little are being used?

I have a more in order profile here as the first one send was bit messy as to the frustration with it not working as I wanted it to:) https://ybin.me/p/535612849b80f077#9r+2 ... EkD4Bf0fM=

/e Ram usage is 40%
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Looking at your WoW 20 Men character set, you still have all slots assigned to all cores.
I think you will need to manually set which slots are allowed to run on which cores in order to prevent the games from being able to switch CCXs.

For a Ryzen 3900, this usually means blocks of 6 due to the physical setup. i.e. you allocate cores 1 to 6, 7 to 12, 13 - 18, 19 - 24.

You might also consider what else is running on your computer. There may be some interference from other software. If you want to figure out whether ISBoxer is sending the commands or not when you click on the clickbar then you can use the debug console https://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Debugging_Console to determine that.

Another recommendation is to disable Windows Game Mode, as it is not designed for multiboxing.
<<

Sway

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm

Hello again, weekend is busy with kids:)

In regards to your latest post I hereby send new and improved File: https://ybin.me/p/4569c02c35e047ea#H9J3 ... e1xKhiWO0=
Windows game mode has aswell been sorted as you mention to do. And debug has shown some aswell.

After much back and forth in trying all out i can now hopefully explain so it gives you a better understanding what problem i face.

I tried this out on my 20 man team:

I had all 20 man logged in: problem was there every other time i had to double click to get the target, cpu load ~42%, ram usage ~45%
I had 15 man logged in: problem still the same cpu load ~30%, ram usage ~35%
I had 12 man logged in: problem still the same cpu load ~24%, ram usage ~29%

I had 11 man logged in, Now the problem isn't there anymore, every target gets selected by one push with mouse-button.

(the way i went from 20 man to 11 were: started out with 20 then i just shut down one window at a time, until i reached 11 logged in and there it worked).

Using the debug console I can see that standing on a character (X) and selecting in click bar target (y) first time it gets selected, then i select another target (z) and working as intended again… But then the problem comes when i try and select target (y) again, (the click happens on (X) but (y)the healer doesn't receive the click, "doesn't receive the key combination" only when i click one more time on (X) then on (y) the click is received.

Hope i have made myself understandable, but the problem shows as soon as i move up to and above 12 characters, if its 11 and below there are no problems at all.
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 am

I've taken your profile, loaded it up and tested it, checking out the debug output. Note: I did NOT load up 20 instances of WoW. I tested using 20 DxNothings, and that made my little CPU run at 100% (although not a non-responsive 100% thankfully).

What I discovered.
  • You'd changed the Healing key map back to "pressed or released", presumably as your workaround. I set this back to Pressed.
  • I tested with both slot 1 and slot 2 as the main , and left clicked on the Target Slot 20 button, it would consistently send the correct keystrokes on a round robin basis to Slots 2, 7, 12, and 17. Which are the slots in your Healer group. They should, upon receiving the keystroke for their allotted turn, execute the WoW macro to target the slot in question (assuming that guy is not dead).
  • If I cycle through the Healer ATG with just a left click, then eventually all 4 slots are sitting in ST Heal, unless I clear that between with a right click. I assume you must left click, press your heal hotkey (2/3) and then right click. Depending on the speed you do this, it may affect the results, as the join/leave ATG's may not process in the order you expect if you do it fast enough.
  • I do get the expected results with other slots too when I played around with them.

So, end result, I cannot reproduce what you are describing. From what I can see, the keystrokes are correctly being sent to each window each time I click on the menu buttons. If they are not for you, or even if they are being sent but the game is not doing anything with them, then it is likely a performance problem. While your CPU/RAM levels are seemingly OK. What about the GPU? Disk I/O?
If this is retail WoW, is the game running in Directx11 Legacy ? Any other is either performance hungry or just not stable.

Perhaps we need to see a compatibility diagnostic.
I don't really know where to go next here without further info, as from what I can see, it is doing as expected.
<<

Sway

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:00 pm

If I had double checked your second post in this long forum post, I would have sorted it much earlier, I am sorry for this. It were a matter of the round-robin in the healing key map that made the problems appear.
Though no idea why it worked with the 11 characters when its made the same, but now its fixed for the 20 man, thank you very much.

Really appreciate the help, always helpful to get some other views on it.

/e also now i know why it worked when it were the 10-11 man team, it was because only had two healers there, and had it as pressed or released...
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Super!.
When we see profiles that have lovely configurations like yours, we do assume a few things, like the round robin being intentional :). I did wonder while I tested it if that was the issue, but persevered just in case there was something else that we weren't aware of.

Anyway, good to have the mystery resolved.

Return to Key Maps