FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issues reactivating keymaps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Garot

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:49 am

Issues reactivating keymaps

Whenever I shut off keymaps in order to chat with others in game, I have to relaunch my Character Set in Innerspace to get my keybinds to broadcast to my other characters. I have tried to turn Chatmode Off/On, but when I do and attempt to chat in game my keybinds interfere with the typeing. Am I doing something wrong or not understanding the nuances of the key broadcast vs. keybinds in regards to chatting in game.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:25 am

Re: Issues reactivating keymaps

if you are typing in chat, you should be disabling both repeater/broadcasting and key maps.

If you have created some custom mapped keys, and not put them in a key map that is disabled by the toggle (the default config, the ones which toggle all have the word "hotkeys" in the name), or you have set hotkeys on the mapped keys in the key maps that are not toggled (i.e. don't have the word "hotkeys" in the name), then you may find you have some mapped keys which still execute when you are attempting to type in chat.

Simply, ISBoxer has no idea you put the cursor in the chat box. You have to tell it, but toggling Key Maps (and/or Broadcasting).

Now, if you have fiddled with the toggle itself, you might also have set the toggle to disable the key maps that are needed to toggle things back on again, which would then require you to "relaunch" in order to reactivate, which might be what is going on there.
<<

Garot

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:05 am

Re: Issues reactivating keymaps

After reading your post, I went back and compared my profile against a fresh one and realized that I had deleted the "Base Hot Keys" from the toggle on steps. After adding that step back everything is working as it should. Thank you, this has been driving me crazy as well as costing me several corpse runs....

Return to Key Maps