FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Key maps for number keys do not work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chris Young

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Key maps for number keys do not work

I have been using ISBoxer/InnerSpace for a couple of weeks on WoW Classic and everything seems fine. However, I just created a character set on WoW Retail and the keymaps don't seem to work at all. For example, if I press the '1' key, nothing happens in any window but if I disable broadcast of keymaps, the keys work in the current window. My setup is just the one from using the quick setup wizard.

Any clues as to what I have done wrong?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Key maps for number keys do not work

Sure. And all those clues will be in your Toolkit Profile.

See the post viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13&start=0
<<

Chris Young

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:30 pm

I have posted the config at https://pastebin.com/CJqzsLr0
Thanks.
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 pm

ok.

You have changed the mapped keys in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys to directly call the mapped keys in ISB42 Combat Broadcast - Warlocks, and the new retail set does not have this key map loading.

Seeing as you seem to be setting up different action key maps per team, you should probably leave the mapped keys in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys pointing at the mapped keys in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast, and then after copying the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast, and renaming it for your team, you could then setup a Virtual mapped keys entry on the character set, which looked something like:

Note that the above only works if you happen to have a middle man set of mapped keys that can be replaced, so it needs the 3 key maps in place as described.

However, as your ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Warlocks is mostly unchanged from the default, you could just have your new set load this up, and be done with it. You only really need to jump through hoops if you will actually be moving to something that is not part of the default setup.
<<

Chris Young

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:28 am

Thank you for your help.
I don't know how I managed to do that. Is there a shortcut or option to reset the keymaps to the default values and remove my changes?
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:58 am

The easiest method is to use File -> Clear and then the Quick Setup Wizard. As names of the items indicate it will remove your existing settings.

Return to Key Maps