FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Fill Windows Clipboard with the Text" no longer works

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alanwj

Post Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:35 am

"Fill Windows Clipboard with the Text" no longer works

I allowed ISBoxer to upgrade itself to 42.21.0924.1, and it appears to have lost the ability to copy text to the Windows clipboard.

For example, if I create a mapped key with two steps, executed on press and release.

1:
Key String -> self
Text: /g Hello
Fill Windows clipboard with the Text is checked

2:
KeyStroke 'CTRL+V' -> self
KeyStroke 'Enter' -> self

Prior to the upgrade, this would put "/g Hello" on the clipboard, then paste it into the game and press enter.

After the upgrade, the first step appears to do nothing. If I manually paste into notepad afterward, the clipboard has been unchanged. If I copy something to the clipboard and then execute this, what I copied to the clipboard gets pasted into the game (so the paste step is working just as before).

In the debug console, the first step results in the output "Paste: /g Hello". I suspect that ISBoxer is attempting to paste directly into the game as it would if the "Fill Windows Keyboard" option were not checked, which for whatever reason has never worked with this particular game (EQ1).

Any ideas how to debug this? Or to even go back to a previous version of ISBoxer? This has crippled a number of important keys for me.
<<

alanwj

Post Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:29 pm

Re: "Fill Windows Clipboard with the Text" no longer works

Thanks to altbob for helping me debug this on Discord.

There have apparently been changes to the way copy/paste works, and it appears my version of ISBoxer Toolkit and InnerSpace were not necessarily compatible. (Note: This may be a bug. As far as I know I was running both the latest live version of ISBoxer and InnerSpace, which one would expect to be compatible). Upgrading to dev build 7273 solved most of my issues.

In the latest builds what appears to be happening is that each window has its own independent clipboard (none of which are the Windows clipboard). Some of my mapped keys were lazy about the target, since it didn't matter who wrote to the Windows clipboard as long as the correct text was written. In the latest builds it is important for the mapped key to target the window that will be doing the pasting.

Return to Key Maps