FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Asheron's Call 2 - Brand New User

Moderator: MiRai

<<

djenkins72968

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Asheron's Call 2 - Brand New User

Hello! I am new to ISBoxer. I just found out about it and Ive been using it for 3 days now. I love it, but I have a ton of questions! I am also brand new to multiboxing.

I followed a short tutorial on setting up ISBoxer for AC2, and it covered a few of the basics well. Right now, I have a 9 person team set up, and I am able to get them all logged in just fine. I have the main character I am playing running on my main screen, and I have the 8 other client windows set up on a second screen. I can get all of the characters to auto attack, and I can get them all to follow my main character and I can get all of the characters to jump at the same time (with key binds). This has worked fine for the low levels, but now I'm getting to a point where I'm going to need to start setting up more advanced commands, and I'm running into some problems. I would really appreciate any help! :)

I am having an issue with switching to the different screens. When I set up my first test group with 5 characters, I was able to click on each individual screen, and then that screen would go to my main monitor. I then added the rest of my characters, and now it takes several times of clicking on one of the smaller screens before I can get it to focus on that screen. I cant alt+tab between them either. Any ideas?

First, is there a way for me to invite all of my characters to a group at the same time and have them all accept? Right now, Ive been inviting them all individually, then switching to each individual screen to accept the invite.

Next, I am having issues in figuring out how to set up healing. The main character that I play is a Sorcerer. The second character in my group , a Sage, is my healer. What I would like is to be able to press F1-F9 and have my Sage select the character that those buttons correspond to and then heal them. In other words, I am playing my main character. I press F3 and that makes my Sage select the party member in slot 3 and then heal them. I have tried a few things, but I guess I don't understand the software enough yet to make that happen.

Also, is there a way to make all of my party members target a useable item and then use it? What I am mainly concerned with here are portals. I tried this with a broadcasted mouse click, but when I stop running and then my characters all stop, they aren't all necessarily facing the same direction, and the mouse click wont hit the portal on all the clients.

Thank you so much for any help! I have a feeling that if I can get these initial things worked out, I can figure out the rest.
<<

djenkins72968

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Asheron's Call 2 - Brand New User

I re-ran the layout wizard and that fixed the issues I was having with selecting the different clients. Still cant figure out the healing though.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:26 pm

djenkins72968 wrote:First, is there a way for me to invite all of my characters to a group at the same time and have them all accept? Right now, Ive been inviting them all individually, then switching to each individual screen to accept the invite.
If the game supports it, you can setup a mapped key, to send a string to the active toon (the main/leader normally), which says /invite {SLOT2}. Put a bunch of these for each slot, and hopefully it will work out. Sometimes you need to be tricky and set this up as multiple steps in order to also send an Enter. I use this kidn of setup myself, and I just mash the invite hotkey a few times at the beginning to get each toon invited.
Accepting is harder. If the game allows you to set a hotkey for accept, then it works well, if not, then you might need a round robin on your mouse (I use SHIFT+MOUSE1 as the hotkey to send MOUSE1 on a round robin). You usually want round robin so the team accept in order. Positioning in this is harder because the main doesn't have the invite acceptance UI popup, so I usually swap to the second, position the mouse, and then round robin the accept. It is a bit of trial to find out what the game supports.

Note: for my setup I need to send an Enter first to "open chat", and then the string, and then step 2 is another Enter. This mapped key is set to send on "press OR release" so it will execute two steps for every press of the key.

For the mouse round robin, I do send a click to slot1 because I use this as a general purpose setup, but the first step also does a mouse sync. The Popup at the end is to tell me I've finished. I also have a Do Not Advance of 2 seconds on the last step, and a reset to Step 1 after 2 seconds on the Advanced settings.

djenkins72968 wrote:Next, I am having issues in figuring out how to set up healing. The main character that I play is a Sorcerer. The second character in my group , a Sage, is my healer. What I would like is to be able to press F1-F9 and have my Sage select the character that those buttons correspond to and then heal them. In other words, I am playing my main character. I press F3 and that makes my Sage select the party member in slot 3 and then heal them. I have tried a few things, but I guess I don't understand the software enough yet to make that happen.
This video might give you some ideas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQCDOQ0VfU
There is also this post. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6553 and this one. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593

djenkins72968 wrote:Also, is there a way to make all of my party members target a useable item and then use it? What I am mainly concerned with here are portals.
Depends on the game. The most common one is to target with your main, and then hit your Assist Me mapped key hotkey (default is ALT+A).
<<

djenkins72968

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Thank you so much! You gave me some good ideas! I'm off to try them now. Thanks for the response! =D

Return to Other