FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree of Savior

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ya01178379

Post Tue May 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Tree of Savior

4. Copy your Tree of Savior folder for each simultaneous game instance. (Recommended to do this after #3, otherwise you will do #3 multiple times) This is unfortunate, but required for this game, as each game instance/patcher needs exclusive write access to many files. Name them "Tree of Savior-1" "Tree of Savior-2" "Tree of Savior-3" and so on. When the game is launched via Steam, it will automatically launch using the folder matching the Slot number.

This step for me is not going well. When I active second steam account they ask me to install new TOS games.
<<

ya01178379

Post Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 pm

ya01178379 wrote:
4. Copy your Tree of Savior folder for each simultaneous game instance. (Recommended to do this after #3, otherwise you will do #3 multiple times) This is unfortunate, but required for this game, as each game instance/patcher needs exclusive write access to many files. Name them "Tree of Savior-1" "Tree of Savior-2" "Tree of Savior-3" and so on. When the game is launched via Steam, it will automatically launch using the folder matching the Slot number.

This step for me is not going well. When I active second steam account they ask me to install new TOS games.

OH My Bad I Fixed IT
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue May 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Tip If you plan on buying tokens, make sure you buy them for your whole team, because you get a +3 move speed that will throw your team movements out of sync
<<

isbsage

Post Wed May 18, 2016 7:14 am

Hey, i'm trying to setup the Tree of Savior game, following Lax instructions, but i've reached these steps "2. Select your Character Set for launch; this should launch Steam and allow you to log in 3. Launch Tree of Savior through Steam" and failed. I get the error "Failed to start game" missing executable error when trying to launch the game. Can anyone help ?
<<

isbsage

Post Wed May 18, 2016 7:43 am

Later edit: In the tutorial it's written that you should rename the folders to Tree of Savior-1, but the fact is the folder name needs to be TreeOfSavior-1 with no spaces. When i tried the first option i got the error written in the previous message. I've renamed the folder and now it doesn't have any spaces and launches but the thing is I still have the problem you described earlier: Even if i launched the game previously and checked that the full screen option was selected, when i launch the game with innerspace the screen is fucked up ( lower part cut, even if full screen is supposed to get rid of that problem)

How exactly are we supposed to "3. Put the game in full screen mode. If the game is in windowed mode, an ISBoxer Window Layout may appear to cut off part of the game. Put it in full screen mode to multibox this game (ISBoxer puts it in a window anyway. The game behaves different because it thinks it is in full screen mode.)" ?

Asking because i put it in full screen mode when i first played it, through the normal steam. When I launch it with innerspace , i suppose it's still in full screen and even if it wasn't there's no way to put it since you can't even select the channel, thus can't access the game settings either.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 18, 2016 9:47 am

I've corrected the instructions to remove the spaces -- thanks.

How exactly are we supposed to "3. Put the game in full screen mode. If the game is in windowed mode, an ISBoxer Window Layout may appear to cut off part of the game. Put it in full screen mode to multibox this game (ISBoxer puts it in a window anyway. The game behaves different because it thinks it is in full screen mode.)" ?

Asking because i put it in full screen mode when i first played it, through the normal steam. When I launch it with innerspace , i suppose it's still in full screen and even if it wasn't there's no way to put it since you can't even select the channel, thus can't access the game settings either.

Sounds like it is probably in windowed mode. You can open the file steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior-1\release\user.xml (and each of the other folders) with Notepad and find a line like this..

Code:
    <Resolution mode="0" width="3440" height="1080" BitPerPixel="32" VSync="1"/>

This is from my file so yours will probably be different. The mode "1" is windowed mode, and "0" is full screen. You can manually adjust the width and height here to match your Window Layout (the size of the main region, specifically) as well if you have trouble.
<<

isbsage

Post Wed May 18, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks a lot, mate !
Despite the fact that the ingame option showed as fullscreen both when I launched the game normally and with innerspace, in that user.xml file, the value was indeed 1 instead of 0. I've set it to 0 and now it's loading correctly. Tested it few minutes ago with 2 accounts and it was all good :mrgreen:
<<

inmysights

Post Wed May 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Do we need multiple steam accounts to do this? I have never done this process with a steam game, but it seems so
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed May 18, 2016 3:02 pm

inmysights wrote:Do we need multiple steam accounts to do this? I have never done this process with a steam game, but it seems so

Yes, One steam account per slot
<<

a3111036

Post Sat May 21, 2016 5:45 am

just buy member and setting from guide .

i cant use ,can someone tell me how to setup with step 3 i dont know where to replace thst folder.

4. Copy your Tree of Savior folder for each simultaneous game instance. (Recommended to do this after #3, otherwise you will do #3 multiple times) This is unfortunate, but required for this game, as each game instance/patcher needs exclusive write access to many files. Name them "TreeofSavior-1" "TreeofSavior-2" "TreeofSavior-3" and so on. When the game is launched via Steam, it will automatically launch using the folder matching the Slot number.

and when i open second screen frist screen its shutdow.
PreviousNext

Return to Other