FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAoC not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jacksgw1

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 am

DAoC not working

I have tried to follow the tutorials and the instructions listed. I created character sets and exported them to IS. When I go to launch only one patcher appears and even if I start the second manually it just runs as normal. No ISBoxer window at all either way. I did create a RUN.BAT file to get around the patcher but all I get is an error. Now, the RUN.BAT file will launch the game fine and I have played from it with no problem.

This is the error.
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close application.

Then I get a error window that pops up right after the other.
Failed to execute "F:\Program Files... RUN.BAT". Inner Space Launcher Error Code -23

Win 7 64 bit
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:49 am

Re: DAoC not working

Inner Space can't operate through a batch file (thus the crash). If your batch file contains
Code:
start login.dll

All you actually need to do is point IS, with Add Game, to login.dll instead of to camelot.exe. If that works let me know (I don't have an active account to test past login at the moment, but this DOES launch it) and I can update the DAOC detection to include this for a "No Patch" profile.

The last time I heard from someone playing DAOC with ISBoxer they had reported some bugs; it was some time ago, those bugs may or may not be resolved now.
<<

jacksgw1

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 pm

I did point to the file like you said. It did skip the patcher & launched one of the logins but not both.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:44 pm

ISBoxer will launch the second patcher/login after the first one gets the actual game launched. It sounds like Inner Space is either not correctly hooking into DAOC, or you're expecting both patchers to be up at once and just never tried logging in to the game.

If you get the first one in, and the second patcher doesn't come up, then my first question is.. in the game window that comes up, is there a new FPS display in the upper left corner? (it says FPS: 32.1 for example)

If the game comes up and the FPS indicator is NOT there (and you didn't specifically disable it), then Inner Space is not properly hooked into the game and this would indicate that I need to fix a bug with it. I don't have an ETA as to when I can specifically get to DAOC, but it will likely be next week at the earliest. I can extend your subscription or trial if needed
<<

jacksgw1

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm

lax wrote:ISBoxer will launch the second patcher/login after the first one gets the actual game launched. It sounds like Inner Space is either not correctly hooking into DAOC, or you're expecting both patchers to be up at once and just never tried logging in to the game.

If you get the first one in, and the second patcher doesn't come up, then my first question is.. in the game window that comes up, is there a new FPS display in the upper left corner? (it says FPS: 32.1 for example)

If the game comes up and the FPS indicator is NOT there (and you didn't specifically disable it), then Inner Space is not properly hooked into the game and this would indicate that I need to fix a bug with it. I don't have an ETA as to when I can specifically get to DAOC, but it will likely be next week at the earliest. I can extend your subscription or trial if needed

There is no FPS display in the corner at all. I have tried launching the game first all the way in but the second one never comes up. I tried in window mode and full screen. I'll check back in a week to see if you have time to work on it.
<<

jacksgw1

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 am

Hello, I am just checking in. How are things your way?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 am

Well, you're in luck that I am now back at home as of yesterday and back to work as of today ;)

I have not yet had time to look at this (or any other issues) but will be able to look into this sometime in the next day or two.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 am

Good news!

Inner Space build 5325 (now the dev build) fixes the issue with Inner Space not attaching to Dark Age of Camelot. To switch to this build, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space. I briefly tested the game and it appears to operate correctly, let me know if you run into any problems
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:17 am

p.s. http://camelotherald.com/news/news_article.php?storyid=4021

TL;DR: Mythic's relatively new policy (early 2010) on multiboxing dictates: "One keystroke should only perform one action, on one character, on one account. Anything which is used to circumvent this would be a violation."
You can still use ISBoxer, but it is not advisable to use broadcasting features. According to the policy, sending a keystroke to multiple windows is not allowed. However, you can still use a multi-step Mapped Key to send keystrokes or mouse clicks to one window (any given window) at a time. It's also important to note that unless you're doing PVP (RvR, whatever they want to call it) it isn't likely that anyone will care, and that goes for other games as well.

They also threaten legal liability, but that part is hogwash -- even if the threat was real, it would cost them a lot of money to try to sue you for something trivial and I can't imagine they would expect to win if they attempted to sue someone for using multiboxing software. In They would probably try to force an out of court settlement, because when they lose such a silly case they lose their ability to make this silly claim. It's just a deterrent.

Anyway, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't point out this link regarding multiboxing in DAoC and inform you that you will be doing so at your own risk. Have fun :P
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:59 pm

So you could create multiple step mapped keys.
Step 1 - Sends keybind to window 1.
Step 2 - Sends keybind to window 2.
Step 3 - Sends keybind to window 3.

Then just spam the hotkey, which has each window in turn do the action... only one window/character receiving an input from a single press of your key.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
Next

Return to Other