FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D2R - Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cz1000

Post Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:03 pm

D2R - Issues

I'm trying to run 2-3 DR2s at once and having issues.

I built out the character set (window layout and all)and made sure the Battle.net launcher settings were correct (close on launch, disable multiple sessions) but when I launch the set the first game launches fine but never launches 2 or 3. The console said to launch the character set again to launch the 2nd and 3rd character but it appears to only try to launch the first again. This second attempt never works because the battle.net launcher never completely loads and just has a blank battle.net launcher window.

I am able to launch the individual characters (2 and 3) and they launch fine individually. The only issue with this method is that all 3 windows are stacked on top of one another (almost full screen) and if I attempt to move or resize them the moved/resized window crashes and I get a lavish error window. This error window repeatedly pops up over and over at a rate that makes it impossible to hit the "submit" button or close the extras.

If I launch all 3 individually and don't touch the window size/location things seem fine and I've been able to play for a couple of hours. This works but is annoying because I can't really see what is happening on my other windows.

Here are the compatibility logs. The first one is for my battle.net launcher and the second is for the d2r.exe

https://paste-bin.xyz/12954
https://paste-bin.xyz/12955

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Re: D2R - Issues

As per discord.

1. Remove the VISTA application compatibility setting on InnerSpace. There should be 0 application compatibility settings on InnerSpace.

2. Follow the Day 1 support guide for D2R. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10873#p50738 Especially the update for InnerSpace 6800.
<<

cz1000

Post Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:21 pm

I am really sorry for missing the overly obvious update. I made an assumption that because I was downloading after the september date of that post that I was fine. I just skimmed right over the part talking about it being a dev release. Again, super sorry. I hate being that guy.

I'm able to get things to launch all 3 windows now (hurray!) but I can't get them to fully load into the character select screen and on. I get passed the battle.net login and I see the intro videos start but then things just sit there. The FPS on all of them drop to less than 5 and the music gets stuck. I let it sit for 10+ minutes but nothing happens.

I thought maybe the startup process was too much all at once so I tried starting each character individually but the first character (with nothing else open on the PC) hangs at the same spot with FPS bouncing between 4 and 20 but never getting to the character select screen.

I can launch a non-InnerSpace copy of the game no problem so is there something InnerSpace has to do to make this work that's causing this stoppage?

Thanks again for solving my stupid issue!

https://paste-bin.xyz/13610
<<

cz1000

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:27 pm

bump?

Return to Other