FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo 2 Resurrected day 1 support

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Diablo 2 Resurrected day 1 support

Diablo 2 Resurrected support requires the latest updates to both ISBoxer and Inner Space.

1. For the ISBoxer update, make sure you have version 42.17.0923.1 or later. You can get the latest version via "Help->About ISBoxer Toolkit"
  2. For the Inner Space update, make sure you have 1.18 Build 6814 or higher. - YOU PROBABLY DO at this point.

Things to know:
    - Diablo 2 Resurrected does not have an in-client login screen. When setting up your D2R team with ISBoxer, you will need to use the D2R Launcher for each Slot in order to save the "last used" account. After the login is stored, the ISBoxer Character can be switched to use the D2R Client instead of the launcher.
    - There may be a performance issue on some systems that starts a very short time after the client launches. Our tests indicate that the latest graphics drivers for your system should resolve the issue!

First-time configuration for D2R (assuming a little prior experience setting up ISBoxer)
    1. Make sure the updates are installed as explained above. If Diablo 2 Resurrected is missing from Inner Space, it's most likely because you need to update Inner Space.... otherwise use "Add game" from Inner Space and point to D2R.exe in the Diablo 2 Resurrected folder.
    2. Use ISBoxer Toolkit's Quick Setup Wizard and select "Diablo 2 Resurrected" for the game to configure (the Diablo 3 setting will actually work as well)
    3. Add Characters with any name, I used "D2 One" and "D2 Two" etc, and point them at the "Diablo II Resurrected Launcher" Game Profile
    4. Complete the wizard
    5. Use the File Menu and Export to Inner Space and launch your new team (close battle.net first if it is running). Right click the Innerspace icon in the tray (by the clock, maybe need to hit the ^ up arrow to find it), select ISBoxer Character Sets, select your team.
    6. Battle.net will launch once per account. For each Battle.net launched, if it signs in automatically (to the wrong account), sign out, and then sign in with the correct account for this Slot.
      For each Battle.net that loads (in sequence), validate the Battle.net instance settings to make sure that a) it is not set to allow multiple instances of battle.net (advanced features under Settings -> App), and b) it is set to "Exit Battle.net completely" on game launch (under Settings -> App). This means Untick those settings if they are ticked. Hit Play. After the game client is launched, the next Battle.net should appear. If it automatically signs in on with the wrong account for this slot, you will need to sign out, and sign in to the correct account. The games are started in Slot order for the Character Set. i.e. log in to account 1 the first time, account 2 for the second one, account 3 for the third, etc.
      After logging in to each account, the next time your team is launched the accounts are already saved for you!

That's about it :)
<<

gsichdstorpedo

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Re: Diablo 2 Resurrected day 1 support

Good evening,

first off, thank you very much for providing support for Diablo 2 Resurrected. This is well appreciated.

However I did closely follow your instructions:
- Created "D2 One" and "D2 Two"
- Used the "Diablo II Resurrected Launcher" for both of them
- Did setup my battle net logins
- Switched to "Diablo II Resurrected Client"

If I start one of the profiles (either "D2 One" or "D2 Two") everything is working fine and I can log into battlenet and see my characters / create games. If I do launch both ("D2 One" and "D2 Two" at the same time) only one of them is able to connect to battlenet and the other instance is not able to connect when I switch to online character selection.

Can you imagine anything that could cause this problem? Or if you need any additional information, please let me know. I will happily provide them.

Thanks in advance
<<

Casper6060

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:22 am

I also just bought D2R on my second account after seeing that his was working.

Then i followed your guide and now when i try to run both accounts and play online, only one can connect.

Please tell me i did not just spend 40Euro's for this to not be working.
<<

Casper6060

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:04 am

Quick update, i after following the guide and it did not work, i tried to log out of Battle.net everywhere, then i logged in to my main account, launched it manually, then i used Inner Space to launch the second character from there, this does work.
<<

LucentWhite

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:01 am

Casper6060 wrote:I also just bought D2R on my second account after seeing that his was working.

Then i followed your guide and now when i try to run both accounts and play online, only one can connect.

This is happening to me now. I was using it last night no problem, but not I can't connect to both at the same time via isboxer.

Really is only a bummer cuz I can't quick swap between windows and change windows to my main screen.
<<

gsichdstorpedo

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:23 am

EDIT:
After also having some problems with what I described below .. I found a working solution.
Just set your blizzard settings to exit on game launch and only use the D2R launchers. Start every profile separately, hit play and connect to battlenet. Since no blizzard launcher is open anymore, you can simply continue with the next profile :P

All the best and stay save

I got it resolved. The important step for me was step (6). I did the following:
- run each profile indiviually
- each time, the launcher comes up, log out and log in to the respective account
- (Most important step) hit play and connect to battlenet

Afterwards you can continue with the other profiles. So, only when I logged into bnet, it worked like a charm. Hope that helps :)
<<

LucentWhite

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:13 pm

LucentWhite wrote:
Casper6060 wrote:I also just bought D2R on my second account after seeing that his was working.

This is happening to me now. I was using it last night no problem, but not I can't connect to both at the same time via isboxer.

Really is only a bummer cuz I can't quick swap between windows and change windows to my main screen.

I was able to set it up to START LAUNCHER instead of CLIENT and run individually my characters, after 1 logs in sign off and close battle.net and then go to next toon. Just takes a bit more time to get it setup, I imagine if multiboxing many accounts it would be tiresom, but i only have 2.
<<

arkhan

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:36 pm

Edit: Finally got it to work
Last edited by arkhan on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Orcasauce

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:28 pm

arkhan wrote:Any idea why I'm getting "Cannot connect to server" error when using this method?

Also running into this. I'm able to connect when manually running the game from a normally started launcher, but when starting the character it automatically drops into offline mode irrespective of if any other characters are running.
<<

Buffy69

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:18 am

I'm new to ISBoxer, but I followed this little tutorial to the letter.
I have currently 5 accounts, and ran into some issues...

.) When I change from Launcher to Client, only one of my accounts is able to log in. The others stay offline, and when I click on Online in the (empty) character list, I get an error. Unable to connect to Battle.net
.) Also, when I start the whole team, only the first is connected to battle.net. The four others run into the same error. Using the ISBoxer UI, I can't see any difference between these Entries.
.) What I did yesterday, I kept it on Launcher, started each account individually via the launcher. That worked, but sometimes, the Launcher didn't start correctly. It got worse to the point, where I need to start a launcher 10+ times until it worked. Most of the time, it just opens a window without frame without content. Just black...

I have no idea on how to proceed :)
I know, it's Beta, so I'm not mad, but I want to play :)
However, any help is greatly appreciated :)

regards
Buffy
Next

Return to Other