FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo 2 Resurrected day 1 support

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Doomz

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Re: Diablo 2 Resurrected day 1 support

Hello! New custommer here and so far this app is amazing but i got one issue and I hope we will be able to fix it.

I could manage pretty much everything...i can Load 2x copies of D2R and its works perfectly.

Only problem which is big kinda....the game pops in window mode and if i change the size of it...the window freeze then close. I cant either put it full screen...or even just "resize" it manually, it crashes everytime. I tried to modify the windows layout and make it full screen right at the start...but at first the game load window mode, then automatically transofmr into fullscreen...and of course freeze in the process.

Let me know what kind of information I need to provide or if there is a guide somewhere to counter this problem? (im not very good with CPU in general so try to be simple hahaha)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:12 pm

Lexibug wrote:Please, please, please tell me there's a way to isolate an Xbox controller to the active window -- or even just a static window. Don't even really need broadcast/etc. ATM all windows read the controller inputs. This feature would get you 2 subs from me and a friend, at least.

ISBoxer doesn't do anything with the controller inputs. The game reads those directly. The only time ISBoxer might come into it is if you are using something like XPadder which turns controller buttons into keyboard keys.

If the game is reading controller inputs directly, then if you run multiple games, they all read the input. You'd have to disable the controller in the games you dont want to read the controller input.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:20 pm

Doomz wrote:Only problem which is big kinda....the game pops in window mode and if i change the size of it...the window freeze then close. I cant either put it full screen...or even just "resize" it manually, it crashes everytime. I tried to modify the windows layout and make it full screen right at the start...but at first the game load window mode, then automatically transofmr into fullscreen...and of course freeze in the process.

I'm copy/pasting (sort of - changed some words) what I wrong in Discord to this same question.

If you are using a Window Layout, then it will be forced to Windowed mode regardless of game settings because Fullscreen has another name in Windows developer circles, which is Exclusive mode, and you can only have one window receiving input when in Exclusive mode. Sometimes this enforcement of Windowed mode will cause a game to crash if you attempt to set the game to Fullscreen. This is one of the joys of multiboxing, which is to make sure you are using settings appropriate to the game.

A Window Layout, with the default settings, forces positions and render resolution (and display too). You can change the border style if you really want to be able to move/resize the windows (select each region in a layout to change this property), but it is not recommended as it will probably stuff up mouse broadcasting if you happen to use it. Feel free to try it out.

If you choose not to use a Window Layout (they are not mandatory), then be aware that mouse broadcasting may not be all that effective. Note, if you set a window to Full Screen, the other windows probably wont receive input.

The game crashes quite readily for a variety of reasons which are not ISBoxer related. That said, if it is ISBoxer related, it will be looked at.
<<

ktnpgy3

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Hi guys. I'm brand new and I'm having a hard time setting it up. A few questions:

1) When "Add" the game on the Inner space, do I have to select two different directory for D2R Launcher? i.e Diablo 1 has one directory and Diablo 2 has a second directory (copied version)

2) How do I go back to the ISboxer Character to change from "Diablo II Resurrected Launcher" to "Diablo II Resurrected Client". I dont see that option to change that anywhere.

Thanks
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:41 pm

1. ISBoxer does not require multiple installs of the game, and will also normally auto detect the game if it has been installed via the normal installer. If you insist on having multiple installs (it will support it), you should point to the Launcher for each installation.

2. You don't change this in the Wizard. You select each character in the toolkit. In the top left, under the Characters node.
<<

ktnpgy3

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm

bob wrote:1. ISBoxer does not require multiple installs of the game, and will also normally auto detect the game if it has been installed via the normal installer. If you insist on having multiple installs (it will support it), you should point to the Launcher for each installation.

2. You don't change this in the Wizard. You select each character in the toolkit. In the top left, under the Characters node.

thanks for explaining number 1.

Can you elaborate on number 2? I don't see where I can change it. thx
<<

Lexibug

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 pm

ktnpgy3 wrote:Can you elaborate on number 2? I don't see where I can change it. thx

Top left, characters, D1, then there's a section for what to launch. AFAIK you'll get errors if you change this away from the launcher -- everyone else has.

bob wrote:
Lexibug wrote:Please, please, please tell me there's a way to isolate an Xbox controller to the active window -- or even just a static window. Don't even really need broadcast/etc. ATM all windows read the controller inputs. This feature would get you 2 subs from me and a friend, at least.

ISBoxer doesn't do anything with the controller inputs. The game reads those directly. The only time ISBoxer might come into it is if you are using something like XPadder which turns controller buttons into keyboard keys.

If the game is reading controller inputs directly, then if you run multiple games, they all read the input. You'd have to disable the controller in the games you dont want to read the controller input.

Understood, just posting in the hopes that either ISBoxer can add this feature or someone can post a workaround. AFAICT the game has no option to disable controller? I can't find it. I'm up to 4 people looking for a solution. Being able to park alt accounts in your game while you MF on your main with controller is something we're hoping for.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:49 pm

ktnpgy3 wrote:

<<

ktnpgy3

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:58 pm

bob wrote:
ktnpgy3 wrote:

Got it thanks! I was using the older version of Inner Space and needed to update it to automatically detect D2R.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 pm

ktnpgy3 wrote:Got it thanks! I was using the older version of Inner Space and needed to update it to automatically detect D2R.
Aye. I've highlighted that in the initial post.
PreviousNext

Return to Other