FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Recruit a Friend Video Tutorial

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm

[WoW] Recruit a Friend Video Tutorial

A quick video tutorial breaking down Blizzard's "Recruit-a-Friend" referral system and touching on a few different methods multiboxers look at when setting up multiple accounts. There are probably a few things which some people think are important that are missing. This video ended up being a lot longer than I had anticipated when I first started the project, so a few things possibly got cut. Feel free to add what you think may perhaps be vital to this video. If I think it belongs in the video I will change it. This is for all the new people that come in here asking "hai guyz were do i download the dualbox?", you can just point them to this video instead of flaming them...maybe they'll learn something.

If you're a slow reader YouTube and all other video playback software provide you with the power to pause time.

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YC2iP0amNI

MegaUpload 720p WMV
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VJ7GJ0HH
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: [WoW] Recruit a Friend Video Tutorial

Nice video, as always MiRai.
Thanks for putting it together.

Does not mention cascading granted levels.
Not sure that I would mention it, as its not the simplest thing... but it is something extra.

Which is probably best on an:
A -- B -- C
A -- D -- E

Boost four sets of toons, on BCDE with A.

Getting you:
A (0 from Boosting) + (4 from B/D Granted Levels) + (2 from B/D, based on levels they received from C/E)
B (4 from Boosting) + (2 from C's Granted Levels)
C (4 from Boosting)
D (4 from Boosting) + (2 from E's Granted Levels)
E (4 from Boosting)

For a total of:
A = 6 (+ The booster)
B = 6
C = 4
D = 6
E = 4

For cascade levels to equal full levels across all accounts, you need to boost/level (times) two toons per hop in the chain.
So in an:
A -- B -- C -- D -- E (You would need to level 16 toons on E, for the cascade levels to add up to a full toon on A)
And in an:
A -- B -- C
A -- D -- E (you would need to level four toons on C/E, for the levels to cascade into a full toon).
(Note: Can only have 10 toons on an account, so the chain of A - B - C - D - E cannot cascade levels entirely into full toons).

I probably would mention, getting toons almost to the next level.
Example: Level 2 and 95% into the level (19 of 20 bubbles in).
Will end up as level 60, and still be 95% into their current level after receiving 58 granted levels.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Videos