FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guide: Large Character Names in Every Window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:11 am

Guide: Large Character Names in Every Window

EDIT: Thanks to some changes Lax made this guide is now quite a bit shorter and simpler to follow :) You will need to be on ISBoxer version 40.1.402.1 or later for this method to work. Click Help, About ISBoxer Toolkit to see if you need to update.

This guide will walk you through the steps for creating a large on-screen display which allows you to easily identify your game windows, similar to what is shown in the screenshot below. Note that capitalised terms in this guide generally refer to specific parts or features of ISBoxer and further information may be found by searching for that term in the ISboxer wiki.

1. Creating the Click Bar
  1. In ISBoxer, in the upper left pane, right-click on Click Bars and select New Click Bar. Replace "New Click Bar" with an appropriate name; I called mine "Name Bar".
  2. With the new Name Bar selected in the upper left pane, click on Buttons under Name Bar in the lower left pane.
  3. In the lower centre pane change the Cell settings from 32 x 32 to 400 x 100. You may change this again later if you want a different size.
  4. Left click on the button in the black area so that the lower right panel becomes active.
  5. In the lower right panel, type "{CHARACTER}" (without the quotes) in the text box to the right of Text (upper case is important here).
  6. Check the check box next to Text Style. Change the Size to 96 px. Change the color to yellow by clicking the little black square and typing FFFF00 in the Hex box.
  7. Check the Click-thru checkbox so that this Click Bar doesn't block interacting with the game.
  8. Change the opacity of the button itself by clicking the black rectangle above the Paste button. Change Alpha to 192.
  9. Add a character set (or sets) to this Click Bar by expanding Character Sets in the upper left panel and dragging a Character Set (or Sets) to the lower left pane.
  10. Your completed Click Bar should look like this:

2. In-game Click Bar Placement
  1. In ISBoxer do File, Export All to Inner Space and then launch one of your Character Sets that you set up the Name Bar for.
  2. After your Character Set has launched, with your main game window focussed, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G to open the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel.
  3. Ensure you are on the Click Bar tab of the ISBoxer Control Panel and press the button labelled Show All. Hide any Click Bars you don't want visible by clicking the Close button (X) in the top right corner of the bar.
  4. You should see a largeish Click Bar in the top left corner of your game window. The Click Bar should contain the name of the Character in the active window.
    Note for WoW users: your names will most probably appear as Name-Server and be too long to fit in the bar. To fix this, right click on each Character under Characters in the upper left pane of ISBoxer. Choose Rename (F2) and shorten the name to just the character name without the server name. However, if you use any WoW Macro Actions or Game Helpers which rely on the Character names then you will need to update those after making this change.
  5. Drag the Name Bar Click Bar to the location you want it by dragging the blue title bar (where it says "Name Bar").
  6. When the Click Bar is in the correct position, click the small Sync button on the title bar of the Click Bar and then click on Save As in the IsBoxer Control Panel. The Name Bar will now automatically load in this position.
  7. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G again to close the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel.
  8. Repeat steps b through g above for each game window.
  9. The final result should look something like this:

3. Hints and Tips
  • You can add a custom image (as I have done in the first screenshot) to your Click Bars under Buttons.
  • You can change the Cell Border Color or Cell Border Size by clicking on the name of your Click Bar in the the lower left panel.
  • You may need to change the dimensions of the Click Bar button or the font size under Buttons.
  • If you change the style of your Click Bar button you may find that the Bold checkbox has become unchecked. Just recheck it and Export again.
  • Replace {CHARACTER} with {SLOT} to get Slot numbers instead of names. {CHARACTERSET} for the name of your Character Set also works here.
  • If you cannot see any text this may be due to the font size being too large for your buttons. Try reducing the font size to a small value and then work upwards from there to find the largest font size that will fit in your button.

4. Comments, Questions, Suggestions
Please reply below...
Last edited by Alge on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

tanker

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am

Re: Guide: Large Character Names in Every Window

Thanks Alge!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:50 am

People will like this, thanks for the guide Alge! :)
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Nice guide. Thank you for sharing it!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Good stuff. Sorta had the same thing for the videos I made/make so people actually know which game client/slot/window is in focus.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

MiRai, I'd been wondering on and off how you made those sexy slot idenitifers which appear in your video but never got around to asking what method you used. Anyway, they were definitely the original inspiration for writing this guide. Lax had to hit me over the head a couple of times before I understood when he explained it to me.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Alge wrote:MiRai, I'd been wondering on and off how you made those sexy slot idenitifers which appear in your video but never got around to asking what method you used. Anyway, they were definitely the original inspiration for writing this guide. Lax had to hit me over the head a couple of times before I understood when he explained it to me.

Those 'slot-ID' Clickbars were using a 1x5 layout with a single character per cell (I don't remember what cell size I used). I then attached each SLOT# Clickbar to its specific Character in ISBoxer in correspondence with where it fell within that particular Character Set.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:18 am

Trying to set this up, with two Click Bars.
One is {SLOT} and the other is {CHARACTER}.

So far they've been (unsuccessfully) applied to my "Gold Team".

When I launch the team, the square (60x60) Slot box and the rectangular (340x60) Character boxes are displayed.
However, there is no Slot or Character information within either of these.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.privatepaste.com/0a7acdb46b
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:34 am

Ualaa wrote:Trying to set this up, with two Click Bars.
One is {SLOT} and the other is {CHARACTER}.

So far they've been (unsuccessfully) applied to my "Gold Team".

When I launch the team, the square (60x60) Slot box and the rectangular (340x60) Character boxes are displayed.
However, there is no Slot or Character information within either of these.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.privatepaste.com/0a7acdb46b

With what ISBoxer version number? Check in Help->About. Your buttons look like they should work fine
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:07 am

Version 40.2.405.1
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
Next

Return to Click Bars