FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

main window freeze

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bdsmith

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: main window freeze

Hmm... I was hoping for some improvement, but as of now not even a single instance will launch. At least I don't have to use task manager to close it because almost immediately after hitting engage, Windows pops up stating the the client is no longer responding.
<<

Bengalaas

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Sorry to rez an older thread, but was this ever resolved? I'm trying to 3 box STO, and currently am forced to use keyclone, as the main window (and only the main window) keeps freezing after 2-8 minutes. I am happy to post my ISBoxer setup when I get home from work, but I just wanted to put some feelers out and see if there was something basic that I was missing. I have enabled "Make game believe it is foreground" and have tried various CPU allotcation strategies with no success. I also seem to have to run each install of STO under a seperate installation (THAT resolved a random client lockup). Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:01 pm

I re-downloaded and installed STO, and I am working on the reported issues. Maaaaaybe a fix this week
<<

Bengalaas

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Ok, so I tried again using just two toons, using the latest test build (5521). I am having the same results. Main window freezes, slave is just fine. One thing that I did change from from what Setup Wizard did was to have it load a separate profile for my slave. Here is the config file. http://www.privatepaste.com/aa65d229b6
I will try and see if having both the main and the slave on the same profile helps, but if memory serves, I had to set it up that way to keep from having any (slave or master) toon have random lockups.
Thanks for looking into this, and please let me know if there is any other information that you may find useful!
<<

Bengalaas

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:06 am

Just curious if there was an update yet? Thanks!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Appreciate the reports. Inner Space build 5529 should fix this issue. :)

5529 is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and re-start Inner Space.
<<

Bengalaas

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Excellent! I'll try it out after work and confirm. :mrgreen:
<<

KensanSTO

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:56 am

The freeze still happens when I multibox. Any of the windows is susceptible but at least it takes some time to actually freeze after which I just fire off my character set from IS to replace the crashed window. Bit irritating sometimes but not a deal breaker for what I use it for. Wonder if it's my CPU settings or cause my PC is not up to snuff...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 am

You're on build 5529 for this response, correct? 5521 is currently the live build which is known to have at least one freezing issue; 5529 is the development build which is known to have fixed at least that freezing issue. I believe most if not all of these freeze issues were Window Layout related and would not be experienced if not using one, so that's something else you could try (definitely let me know if it happens with but not without).

I don't know anything about your config obviously, but it is always possible to freeze up any game with specifically crafted Mapped Keys. If you use any Do Mapped Key Actions for example, you can create an infinite loop by making your Mapped Key "do" itself, or another Mapped Key that does this one, etc. So it is entirely possible to break it yourself if you have done a bit of customizing :)
<<

Bengalaas

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I can confirm KensanSTO's issue. I am still experiencing main window crashes when using Test Build 5529. I am using the same config posted earlier.

I *does* seem better, and took longer to crash. I was able to fly around Earth Spacedoc without issue, hot keys worked great, the only issue being that sometimes the icons on the top left of the screen (the once for manually turning hotkeys on and off, and for mouse repeating) sometimes disappears.

Once I entered into combat, the main window would freeze within 10 seconds or so.

Thanks for your help with this!
PreviousNext

Return to Star Trek Online