I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64-bit Intel system using ATI HD 5600's.
I was having an impossible time trying to get ISBoxer to work for me.
Through a long series of trial and error procedures, I discovered that my problem was ZONEALARM.
I was only able to get ISBoxer working when I completely wiped my system and reinstalled. (ugh!)
I would like to ask Lavish Software to add ZoneAlarm to their list of CULPRITS which interfere with ISBoxer's ability to function.
ZA interferes in ways, I might add, that I would have never guessed possible.
Some of the performance issues resulted in exefile.exe and eve.exe crashing/hanging with 79MB of memory used.
I was only ever able to load MORE than one slot at a time ONCE. Was never able to repeat.
This thread, for instance, doesn't mention ZA at all : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1251
After several years of being a loyal ZA user I now wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...
Here's why: It's impossible to uninstall! It borderlines on malware in how insidious it is to remove.
When you uninstall it, it breaks your networking capabilties (even in safe mode).
I tried everything I could think of to get ISBoxer and ZA to play together:
- Adding ISBoxer and the toolkit to the whitelist ...didn't work
- Switching ZA into GAME MODE (allow all) ...didn't work
- Turning off ZA protection entirely ...didn't work
- Uninstalling ZA traditionally ...didn't work , even using ZA's own CLEAN.EXE (Clean Uninstaller) did't work
- Uninstalling ZA using Revo Uninstaller ...didn't work
- Safe Mods uninstalls ...didn't work
- Installing ZA Update ...didn't work
The ONLY resolution I found was to completely format and reinstall windows.
To nuke my system for morbid.
ISBoxer and EVE worked flawlessy at first try.
I hope this helps someone from losing their mind.