FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi display issue.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mosg2

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Re: Multi display issue.

I'm having a very similar issue to Merc. Unless the in-game resolution matches my desktop resolution when I load the game up it changes my desktop resolution to whatever the in-game one is. Then, my window is like... zoomed in? I only see the upper left hand quarter of the game on my main screen and my second screen gets about 1/6th of the window... But at the right size. It's the wierdest thing.

If I have my in-game resolution set to my desktop it hammers my video card running 4 instances... So right. I guess the solution is to change my desktop resolution to my desired in-game resolution before I run the game?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Okay I've been trying to duplicate these issues, and so far I am not able to. My desktop resolution doesn't get changed by the game at all.

For those of you having issues with multiple displays, please show me your configuration; see the "how to share your configuration" sticky for how to do that.

The problem with either of these methods is that in both cases when the application closes it writes out data to the file.
So if we have 1 client on our left monitor at a size of 800x600, those values get written out to the file. Now the next time we start Isboxer and launch the clients we get our screen resolution changed.

BioAndy, it sounds to me like your client_settings.ini Virtual File is not working. Inner Space overrides the file i/o API, so when the game asks for client_settings.ini, the Virtual File kicks in and simply replaces the filename with client_settings-mycharacter.ini. I have been testing it for a few days, and the settings are correctly being written to and read from the per-character files. Show me your configuration if you would like me to take a look.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Scratch that, I have now managed to get the game to change my desktop resolution, and it's completely different than I expected. Working on it. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Good news everyone!

Inner Space build 5501 (now the development build of Inner Space) should prevent the desktop resolution changes. All you will need to do to solve the issues in this thread is use the development build, and make sure the game is in Windowed mode, not Fullscreen mode, inside the game. (You can manually edit the client_settings-######.ini files to have d3dfullscreen=false instead of true)

To get Inner Space build 5501 or later (hover your cursor over the IS icon in the system tray to see your build number):
1. Close any game windows you have open
2. Right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher
3. Check "Download development (test) patches"
4. Close and re-start Inner Space and let it patch up.

If do you have build 5501 or later and the game is set to full screen mode, the graphics may be distorted even though the desktop resolution should no longer be changing. Set the game to windowed mode and then either re-launch the game or re-Export to Inner Space.
<<

eqitchy

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 am

This build did not work for me, I have it set for 1920 X 1040 and had the system set to fullscreen (window) it made the screen size about 800 X 600, then when I logged into that window it changed the playable window to be 2/3 of that size but kept the initial 800 x 600 dimension with corrupted graphics.

link to setup http://www.privatepaste.com/df8ef6e7f3

I am just trying to do two accounts on one pc, system is i7 sandy, 8gb ram windows 7 64 pro, gtx480m.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:05 am

eqitchy wrote:This build did not work for me, I have it set for 1920 X 1040 and had the system set to fullscreen (window) it made the screen size about 800 X 600, then when I logged into that window it changed the playable window to be 2/3 of that size but kept the initial 800 x 600 dimension with corrupted graphics.

link to setup http://www.privatepaste.com/df8ef6e7f3

I am just trying to do two accounts on one pc, system is i7 sandy, 8gb ram windows 7 64 pro, gtx480m.

This thread is about multiple displays... according to your configuration you have one monitor.

Your issue is likely related to having Instant Swapping enabled. Select your Window Layout in the top pane, and then uncheck the "Use Instant window swapping" box. Swapping is already going to be instant because the game windows are already identical in size.
<<

tstephens31

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:18 am

I am having a similar issue - I am using 2 - 23" monitors @1920x1080 and have setup 2 characters in ISBoxer.
When I start the game normally (without Innerspace), the game loads and plays fine, but when I launch the character set through Innerspace, the Slot 1 character loads and the screen flickers several times, then the game is displayed in a much lower resolution in which the bottom half of the game screen is cut off (results in having to tab out and force close the instance), but the slot 2 character loads with the correct resolution and is perfect.

I have deleted and recreated the window layout several times and each time it results in the same thing - slot 1 is all blown up and cuts off the bottom half of the game screen.
I created the character set through the wizard with the defaults and I unchecked Instant Swapping on the main layout page and set it to false on the region page.
Both region 1 and 2 show to be set at 1920x1080 in ISBoxer (version 39.2.1129,1).
I have also patched Innerspace to 1.11 (Build 5501).

http://www.privatepaste.com/911bda0127

I also tried using 2 pcs, but gave up as my main pc-char set 1 would not load at all - the screen would just load up black and keep flickering every few seconds - the second pc would load fine.

This may be the same issue as in the "Odd-Graphics" post, but I am only using 1 video card and cannot get the slot 1 window to enter a character into the game once due to the start button way off the bottom of the screen.
I thought "Enter" key may send it into the game, but it didn't.
I logged both characters into the game and set both the game display settings to windowed, Full Screen (Windowed) and Full Screen @ 1920x1080 but no luck each time upon restarting the games with Innerspace.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:29 am

You didn't mention -- did you look in the game's video options to see if the game is set to fullscreen, or windowed mode? If it is set to fullscreen mode, it might do what you're describing
<<

Mercbeast

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:48 pm

My setup broke with the latest innerspace patch. I run both clients in windowed fullscreen.

When my first client loads, it loads on about half of my first monitor before syncing itself properly. The second client loads at a much lower resolution with only about half of its client displaying. I'm trying to fix it but this will be pretty annoying if my working setup is now broken :(

Looks like it fixed itself by launching the offending client normally and then relaunching through isboxer.
<<

Mercbeast

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:54 pm

I thought I'd throw this into the discussion as well. At some point over the last week, running multiple displays in fullscreen windowed mode the next/previous window toggle in always on keymaps stopped working.

It worked for a couple of days after Lax pointed me on the right track in that other thread but then after an innerspace update it stopped. Can anyone else confirm this is happening to them?
PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic