FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

Thanks for the confirmation.
<<

hephaestus

Post Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 am

Thank you! I had not figured out the space issue and thought multiple modifier keys weren't possible in Rift macros. This is awesome given the ridiculously low number of macros available to us in Rift, now I can actually add a few more macros for my other specs :)
<<

Ughmahedhurtz

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 am

So, after a month or so of using the all-on-one-key version Alge described above, I've noticed something quirky about it. My assist macro looks like this:

Code:
assist [shift] trebuchet
assist [alt] gewehr
assist [ctrl] rakete
assist [shift] [alt] strela
assist [ctrl] [shift] pistola

Trebuchet was my main for most of this time. Last week, I added a 5th account with Pistola as my new tank toon. If I'm driving with the first three guys, everything is hunky dory. If I drive with the last two (which use multiple modifiers) things act wonky. Examples:
  • If I drive with Trebuchet, Gewehr or Rakete, all works great.
  • If I drive with Strela, the alts targetlasttarget which always leaves them targeting Gewehr.
  • if I drive with Pistola, the alts targetlasttarget which always leaves them targeting Rakete.
This seems to be a side-effect of the single-key implementation where holding CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+KEY makes CTRL+KEY, SHIFT+KEY and ALT+KEY true as well, which means they all target twice, negating the usefulness of the targetlasttarget mechanic.

Just figured I'd mention this so folks are aware of the caveat or maybe someone knows of a workaround. ;) The real fix would obviously be for Rift to allow a /follow <playername> parameter instead of having to target someone first. Here's hoping!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:13 am

Nice catch. I'm glad assist takes a character name argument then or it would be more of an issue.

Ughmahedhurtz wrote:This seems to be a side-effect of the single-key implementation where holding CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+KEY makes CTRL+KEY, SHIFT+KEY and ALT+KEY true as well, which means they all target twice, negating the usefulness of the targetlasttarget mechanic.

I seem to have some vague recollection that Trion is aware that this fall-through behaviour is an issue and are planning to fix it.
<<

Roran

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

I've been hitting my head against the wall for 2 days now, I have set up the follow and assist keys like described in this post. I am also in the midle og setting up the raid clicky you posted in a different post. The thing is I am not able to get my characters to assist nor follow me. I have posted my configuration here: http://www.privatepaste.com/8a421aa616

Is any one able to see what I may have done wrong? I am unable to find it my self it seem's :-/
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 am

Roran wrote:I've been hitting my head against the wall for 2 days now, I have set up the follow and assist keys like described in this post. I am also in the midle og setting up the raid clicky you posted in a different post. The thing is I am not able to get my characters to assist nor follow me. I have posted my configuration here: http://www.privatepaste.com/8a421aa616

Is any one able to see what I may have done wrong? I am unable to find it my self it seem's :-/

1. In the in-game macros you made, if you're trying to use [shift] you may need to use [skift] instead. I was recently told that they use the localized key names for the macro conditions.

2. You've configured the F11 and F12 combos as hotkeys under Combat. These are the combos you used for the auto-assist and follow macros in the game... delete these mapped keys you made in the Combat key map. Instead, follow the guide which even has a handy picture demonstrating what it would look like if you wanted shift+1 through shift+0 to auto-assist and broadcast. You probably want 1 through = (or the equivalents on your keyboard), at the least.
<<

Roran

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:33 am

Got it working now, I was hitting just f11 or f12, needed to also hit either/or/and ctrl alt shift with f11 and f12 :-)
Also the in game maros only took [shift] not [skift].
Next question, is there a good article that show's how I use the assist button? I understand that I can brodcast shit + 1 to all bots, but if I want the buts to first assist the character that I set up with [shit] [ctrl], I set up the precondition to use the assist FTL, but how does it "know" wich character to assist or how do I tell it?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 am

Again... follow the guide.

It knows which combination to send because the modifiers are selected per Slot, just like the picture to the right in the section I just linked shows. The "Use FTL Modifiers" option assigned to the "FTL Follow Me" and "FTL Assist Me" mapped keys, enabled as per the step-by-step instructions for building these keys which I just linked ("Make the Mapped Key for Follow" and "Make the Mapped Key for Assist"), tells ISBoxer to combine that with the keystroke for the macro (F11 or F12). The "Auto-assisting and broadcasting DPS keys" part, directly below that, gives step-by-step instructions to make each of your Action Bar buttons auto-assist -- using the assist mapped key configured -- and broadcast. If you followed this section of the guide, that I just linked, then it all works like magic.

Please follow the guide. It has step by step instructions and pretty pictures.
<<

lofblad

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 am

Excellent guide, works perfectly. Alge's simplified macro works well too, thanks.
Previous

Return to RIFT