FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 pm

HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

Currently a work in progress, I'll add some screenshots and additional information as needed: http://isboxer.com/wiki/RIFT:Basic_Multiboxing_Macros_Walkthrough

Discuss!
<<

Berserker

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

AWESOME! Thank you. I was hoping to see something like the FTL magic was possible in RIFT.
<<

hephaestus

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Awesome guide Lax, thank you for walk through! This will come in handy on Thursday... If I am running multiple computers (in this case 3), will I be able to simply assign separate FTL modifiers to the characters in character sets 2 and 3 that launch on the other computers in more or less the same fashion you walked through (just assigning each character set a modifier), or is there something else that I would need to do? Thanks
<<

hephaestus

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Never mind my original question - found the answer on how to get this to work across multiple computers on another post: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1069 (oh yeah, if you are using a G13, you actually have to assign hotkeys to the G13 pad to pass the key presses in order to get it to work along these lines as well).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 pm

hephaestus wrote:Is there anyway to set this up to work on three computers? I can't seem to get anything to work except for on my main.

First, follow the guide for multiple computers: http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/content/article/3-general/22-using-multiple-computers. If you're launching them manually on the other PCs it's not going to work, you need to link them up as explained in the guide

Second, if PCs 2 and 3 won't communicate with each other, see http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4128#p4128 (in the Multiple Computers section)

Other than that, the only difference is that "Slot 2" in the rift macro walkthrough is Slot 1 in the second Character Set, and "Slot 3" will then be the one in the third Character Set. You still do all the same macros, all the same concepts, nothing changes in the setup except where you select the per-Slot modifiers.

Is there a way to switch the video feeds from one computer to your main and send your main to another, or is there some other way to get an FTL type setup to work on a multi-computer setup? Thanks

Not currently a way to get video feeds from another PC. FTL can be used on multiple PCs the same way, as described above

Hope this helps
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:53 am

I've been able to simplify the FTL setup in RIFT enormously so that you only need a single macro for each of follow and assist. It took a while to work out the exact syntax for multiple modifier keys.

Assist macro on a key bound to F11:
Code:
assist [shift] character1
assist [alt] character2
assist [ctrl] character3
assist [shift] [alt] character4
assist [shift] [ctrl] character5

Follow macro on a key bound to F12:
Code:
targetexact [shift] character1
targetexact [alt] character2
targetexact [ctrl] character3
targetexact [shift] [alt] character4
targetexact [shift] [ctrl] character5
follow
targetlasttarget

I would appreciate someone testing this independently and letting me know of any potential issues before I update the instructions on the wiki. If you are converting to this method from the old one you need to ensure you unbind all the old keybindings (e.g. Shift+F11) or they will interfere with this method.

Alge
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:58 am

There's at least one potential issue that we run into in WoW when using conditions on the macro -- and that's that key bindings can override the various portions of the macro, so people get confused when it sends Shift+F11 but Shift+F11 is assigned in the key bindings menu to something else. ;) Not a major problem really, just different questions to answer.

Nice work though, if it works out well that should speed things along nicely for people following the guide
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:18 am

lax wrote:There's at least one potential issue that we run into in WoW when using conditions on the macro -- and that's that key bindings can override the various portions of the macro, so people get confused when it sends Shift+F11 but Shift+F11 is assigned in the key bindings menu to something else. ;) Not a major problem really, just different questions to answer.

Yeah, and in that case this fails in the same way as in WoW. I know because I forgot to unbind those keys when I first made the changes. At least there are no addons in RIFT that will sneakily bind those keys and F11 and F12 are not bound by default.
<<

Berserker

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Nice work finding the syntax Alge!!
<<

Ughmahedhurtz

Post Mon May 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Alge wrote:I've been able to simplify the FTL setup in RIFT enormously so that you only need a single macro for each of follow and assist. It took a while to work out the exact syntax for multiple modifier keys.

Assist macro on a key bound to F11:
Code:
assist [shift] character1
assist [alt] character2
assist [ctrl] character3
assist [shift] [alt] character4
assist [shift] [ctrl] character5

Follow macro on a key bound to F12:
Code:
targetexact [shift] character1
targetexact [alt] character2
targetexact [ctrl] character3
targetexact [shift] [alt] character4
targetexact [shift] [ctrl] character5
follow
targetlasttarget

I would appreciate someone testing this independently and letting me know of any potential issues before I update the instructions on the wiki. If you are converting to this method from the old one you need to ensure you unbind all the old keybindings (e.g. Shift+F11) or they will interfere with this method.

Alge

I've been using this tonight and it works well.

NOTE: Don't forget the space between modifiers. [alt][shift] is NOT the same as [alt] [shift]. Caused me no end of grief until I figured that out a bit ago.
Next

Return to RIFT