The main problems arn't game-specific, but i'm running ISBoxer with RIFT (1x Warrior, 1x Cleric, 3x Rogues), so i'm using examples/terms from that game.
I created 3 clickbars so i can switch my rogues to either "bard", "saboteur" or "ranger" mode.
That's because those "modes" use different "main attacks" and different "finishers".
my main character is the warrior which kinda always is "hot".
every hotbarkey-press results in a "main attack" execution on my 3 roques.
i got an exctra hotkey to only execute the rogues "finisher".
in this szenario i will use:
bard = 1x main attack (Cadence) / 4x Finishers (different Codas)
rogue = 2x main attack (either Blast Charge or Spike Charge) / 1x Finisher (Detonate)
ragner = 1x main attack (Quick Shot) / 1x Finisher (Head Shot)
So the main clickbar consists of 3 buttons (bard, sabo, rang).
(in this pic, the "ranger" button is selected to show only the mainbar, cause i don't have a "finisher" button for ranger yet)
if the "bard" button is clicked, an extra clickbar appears to choose the type of "finisher". debuff finisher selected here
if the "sabo" button is clicked, an extra clickbar appears to choose the type of "main attack", cause "finisher" is always same (at my lvl/spec). Blast Charge selected here
so...main clickbar is always present.
"bard finisher" clickbar is only present when "bard" is selected on mainbar.
"sabo main attack" clickbar is only present when "sabo" is selected on mainbar.
"ranger finisher" clickbar is only present when "ranger" is selected (ranger finisher not done yet, but you get the idea)
whatever i choose from mainbar (and then on the associated finisher/main attack clickbar) is shown in color, all other icons are greyed out on those bars.
this works exactly as it should and ofc it also "remembers" what i selected before.
i click "bard" + "debuff finisher" and then i switch to "sabo" + "Blast Charge main attack".
if click back on "bard", the "debuff finisher" is still highlighted.
same goes for "Blast charge" when i switch now back to "sabo".
currently i always need to select the "finisher" again when i switch on main clickbar.
1. i start and select "bard" + "debuff finisher" - working correctly.
2. i switch to "sabo" and select "blast charge main attack" - working correctly.
3. i switch back to "bard". the "debuff finisher" is still highlighted "visually". spamming main attack works corretly. but finisher hotkey uses "sabo finisher" cause that is still virtualized. - error (should use bard's "debuff finisher" here. need to click it again to work correctly)
1. i start and select "sabo" + "Spike Charge main attack" - working correctly.
2. i switch to "bard" and select "debuff finisher" - working correctly.
3. i change to bard's "heal finisher" - working correctly.
4. i switch back to "sabo". "Spike charge main attack" is still highlighted "visually". spamming main attack behaves wrong here, cause "main attack" is still virtualized as bard's "main attack" (cadence). finisher hotkey works correctly
i hope this shows my problem and it's understandable.
i could live with those few clicks now, but im planning to increase the amount of clickbars/icons and it would be very helpful to somehow remember the keymap previously used.
it would also make it possible for me to do "feature-rich" clickbar menus.
if you know how to solve this problem or could shed some light into this maze, i would highly appreciate it and prolly others too
don't be shy and tell me i'm doing something absolutly wrong!
(I'm still new to ISBoxer, but very excited about the possibilities.)
Thank you for your time (text got longer as i thought)
My ISBoxer config for this szenario @privatepaste.com