FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

There may be something you need to know about your Target!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:51 pm

There may be something you need to know about your Target!

I have a button for 'pull'. In retail WoW it's fine for everyone to start attacking on the pull, but in classic I want my warrior to charge, bloodrage, battle shout and thunderclap before the others join in. In the meantime, on the pull mapped key, I've put /cast !shoot on the clothies but I don't want the rogue to IWT-attack yet because if charge is on cooldown or the mob is too close, the rogue will pull aggro even if auto-attacking. So I figured just having the rogue follow the tank into melee.

Long story short, I'm driving from the healer, so I can't do follow me as if I was driving from the tank. I duplicated 'Follow Me' from the WoW key map and called it 'Follow Me (Melee only)', then I added Do Follow Me (Melee only) --> Tank to the pull mapped key. So that the melee follow the tank. I get this message:

Your Target='Tank', but Follow Me (Melee only) has at least one Action being sent to a specific Target already (WoW macro '/follow {FTL}' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> other Follower&Melee).

This is like assigning a Hotkey to Follow Me (Melee only), and then switching to each window in 'Tank' and pressing that Hotkey in each. Generally, one or the other should use Window:Current ("self") to prevent the Action from going to unintended Targets, or from happening more than one time.

You may click OK to continue with this Target, but we recommend you click Cancel and change the Target to Window:Current.

Now I clicked Okay and the idea works, but I have the idea it's trying to steer me to changing the action to directly calling "WoW macro '/follow {FTL}' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> other Follower&Melee". However, if I do that I'm guessing the melee will follow the priest (current character) and not the tank.

So, do I just accept the warning message and move on? Or is there another way to make an ATG follow a character who is (maybe) not in the active window?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: There may be something you need to know about your Target!

If you only ever have one Character in the ATG (e.g. your tank), then it's fine, but ISBoxer assumes there are multiple Characters in an ATG, and therefore it throws the warning.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:58 pm

Reading through what you are trying to do, and what the message says, even if you only have one member in the Tank ATG, it is still wrong, because your new "Follow Me Melee" is still calling a chain which results in the WoW macro being called where is says "ALL OTHERS in the Follow ATG should Follow Me (being the member(s) of Tank)". It is trying to tell you that if you had 2 members of Tank, then you would then have two Slim Shady's with their hands up both saying "Follow Me", and confusion reigns as who TF knows who to follow.

Essentially, instead of having your custom Follow Me mapped key call the existing chain of mapped keys which result in everyone following the toon asking to be Followed, you should instead be using a Named World of Warcraft Macro Action, and be calling the Follow Me {FTL} macro directly, and change the target on the Action it has there to be "others in Melee".

You could just copy the end of the default Follow Me mapped key chain, which is ISB42 - WoW -> Follow Me, and then change the Target in the new copy (I would consider which Key Map to place the copy).
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:06 am

Thank you both for your answers :)

Bob, indeed that's exactly what I did; set my Follow Me (Melee only) key map to call WoW macro '/follow {FTL}' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> other Follower&Melee

Return to Key Maps