FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey guy just a question but how would I launch Diablo II?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

justinlol

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Hey guy just a question but how would I launch Diablo II?

Ok im unsure of how to actually include Diablo II in the isboxer 2's config. When I go to the config like how I would config WoW for example but for Diablo II it isnt quite there...like I press the game :Other but im not exactuly sure how to actually add Diablo II in the first place.

Sorry if this sounds extremely vague.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Hey guy just a question but how would I launch Diablo II?

We don't have a clear answer on how to do this with Diablo 2 because it has not been done with Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 is not officially supported, ISBoxer does not automatically allow multiple Diablo 2 instances like it does with Diablo 3.

If you have multiple Diablo 2 instances already running with your own method of launching them, I would suggest following the "Browser games" video to see how to use the Window Capture Module. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9770
<<

justinlol

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:13 pm

lax wrote:We don't have a clear answer on how to do this with Diablo 2 because it has not been done with Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 is not officially supported, ISBoxer does not automatically allow multiple Diablo 2 instances like it does with Diablo 3.

If you have multiple Diablo 2 instances already running with your own method of launching them, I would suggest following the "Browser games" video to see how to use the Window Capture Module. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9770

Thank you for the reply.

Well the only multiple way to launch Diablo II on 1 PC is either trough VM's or Sandboxie( i was told isboxer is incompatible with sandboxie)
The only other way Ican launch multiple Diablo II's is through multiple PC's ( I only need 2 copies total I want to dual box)

So my idea was to use the multiple computers thing/multiple computers helper. I added Diablo II to the list of games but im not sure what Im doing wrong but its like isboxer is "ignoring" Diablo II.

To b honest I dont even need follow ( i got that sorted out). All iwant isboxer to do is mimic key presses/inputs/mouse input on both PCs for Diablo II but i cant seem to figure it out for either Isboxer II/ or Isboxer I because for isboxer its like Diablo II is "not there". Im assuming it simple though and should still be possible(Im probably doing something wrong on my part)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Adding Diablo 2 to the list of games and launching it with Inner Space is not going to work.

( i was told isboxer is incompatible with sandboxie)

Right, in the sense that you can't use Inner Space to launch something through sandboxie.

However, that is not what I am suggesting you do.

You already have a method of launching the Diablo 2 game instances, with sandboxie, right? That satisfies this condition....
If you have multiple Diablo 2 instances already running with your own method of launching them

So again, I would suggest following the "Browser games" video to see how to use the Window Capture Module. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9770

In the video, I am using firefox. You should be able to do the same thing with your diablo 2 instances that you've launched via sandboxie.
<<

justinlol

Post Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:27 pm

lax wrote:Adding Diablo 2 to the list of games and launching it with Inner Space is not going to work.

( i was told isboxer is incompatible with sandboxie)

Right, in the sense that you can't use Inner Space to launch something through sandboxie.

However, that is not what I am suggesting you do.

You already have a method of launching the Diablo 2 game instances, with sandboxie, right? That satisfies this condition....
If you have multiple Diablo 2 instances already running with your own method of launching them

So again, I would suggest following the "Browser games" video to see how to use the Window Capture Module. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9770

In the video, I am using firefox. You should be able to do the same thing with your diablo 2 instances that you've launched via sandboxie.

Thanks,

got 2 problems at the moment

My Isboxer 2 copy did not have the "window capture module" . This is how my copy looks like

https://i.imgur.com/eoDwK2m.jpg

I tried the -profilemanager thing in Diablo II, all it does is open the game, then I tried testing the -ProfileManager thing with google chrome but all it does is open chrome but does not open User Profile
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:08 pm

#1. It's okay, you're not the only one to miss this. You need to update to the current version of ISBoxer 2.

Go back and review the information in the download thread. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=9118

#2. Diablo 2 does not have a "-profilemanager thing", that is a Firefox thing. The reason it is shown in the video is because that's how you multi-launch Firefox. You need to use your already existing, already known, already handy method of launching 2 instances of Diablo 2. I don't know how else to explain that to you. If that is "I use Sandboxie to launch 2 instances of Diablo 2", then -- use Sandboxie to launch 2 instances of Diablo 2. Then use Window Capture on the windows.
<<

justinlol

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:29 am

lax wrote:#1. It's okay, you're not the only one to miss this. You need to update to the current version of ISBoxer 2.

Go back and review the information in the download thread. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=9118

#2. Diablo 2 does not have a "-profilemanager thing", that is a Firefox thing. The reason it is shown in the video is because that's how you multi-launch Firefox. You need to use your already existing, already known, already handy method of launching 2 instances of Diablo 2. I don't know how else to explain that to you. If that is "I use Sandboxie to launch 2 instances of Diablo 2", then -- use Sandboxie to launch 2 instances of Diablo 2. Then use Window Capture on the windows.

Thanks for the reply , boss. I hate to bother you but I I seem to have another problem when I attempt to update IS2

https://i.imgur.com/ugW0K1o.jpg
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:04 am

I would probably just close and restart ISBoxer 2.
<<

justinlol

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:10 pm

lax wrote:I would probably just close and restart ISBoxer 2.

Did that multiple times. Things I've tried so far is disabling firewall and updating windows. No bueno.

Tried reinstalling isboxer. Updated Inner Space to 1.16 Build 6538. Tried to run as admin, but I still get that ''Missing Test(or Live if I unclick) Update from Server" thing

would it be possible to manually download the update ?

Return to Alpha Discussion