FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

setup on 2 computers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sterger7

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 pm

setup on 2 computers

grr every time i buy something like this i get burned. So following the instructions....and immediately come to something that isn't the same as the description.

Right click on Computers at the top in ISBoxer, and select Start Multiple Computer Helper, on each PC. This will allow other computers running ISBoxer on your local network to detect and communicate with each other.

There IS no "computers" at the top in ISBOXER...not only this..but the top of what..the icon in the system tray? There's nothing there...in the app itself there's no "computers" to right click on there either....so...5 seconds in and already stuck?>.....
<<

sterger7

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm

Re: setup on 2 computers

I should clarify.

The installation on my MAIN pc has the 'computer' in the "program" that I can right click to start multiple computer helper (which doesn't do anything after I click on it btw)

the other computer, which I also installed this on...has nothign but the system tray...I cant' get the actual main window lik eon computer 1....so I have no option to do this....it's just the system tray icon and when I try to run the program it says it's already running....*face palm*
<<

sterger7

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:25 pm

It's like I'm completely missing the entire "consol" part on the 2nd computer...wtf
<<

sterger7

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm

installed on 2nd computer - no console???

Installed the same exact files on the 2nd computer, authorized it viaemail..but ALL i have is the icon iin the sys tray and the right click options there. the mainc onsole does not exist...wtf???

obviously because of this I cant' go into the program to turn on the multi computer thing. sigh

why can't sh*t ever work right
<<

sterger7

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:54 pm

"wizard" doesn't detect anything for 2nd computer

So..I set up the 2nd computer...I have the communication turned on.

I'm really lost on this interface... I'm trying to follow the instructions for multiple computers. It says to do everything on the mainc omputer which I am. I 'added' the other computer. They seem to be communicated.
I was able to 'add' the character on the main one, it detected characters on my first warcraft account from this computer.

if I go to the other computer by clicking on it and tryign to run the 'wizard' on that one, it doesnt' detect anything...when I tried to add a char manually there, it sent a bunch of popups to the other computer to confirm stuff, but the only thing it's tryign to do is launch multiple instances of wow on the same computer which is not what i want :(

any help please
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 am

It's actually 2 separate programs:
ISBoxer Toolkit is for configuring.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/File:Computers_ ... k_menu.png

Innerspace is the app which actually does the multiboxing - red target icon in your system tray . It also has some configuration options.

Since it's fairly complex to set up the first time, maybe best to try multiboxing on 1 pc first, and then adding the second PC once you are comfortable with how the software works.

But if you are impatient, have a look at this video showing how to set up multi pcs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN6Cs_ZH574
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:06 am

I've merged all 3 of your threads, please don't spam a bunch of new threads to have one conversation.

If you would like real-time help, why don't you come into Discord instead of rambling here? https://discordapp.com/invite/ESxEzhs

Return to General