FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update issue?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

viperebay85

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:32 am

Update issue?

When I loaded Inner Space today I updated it. Now when I'm playing WoW and swap characters, randomly but often the last character I was on won't follow the new Group leader. I have to swap back to that toon and then back to the new one. It also is swapping back to the last character right after hitting the swap button, randomly.

Also now when I log in, my Slot swap macro isn't working right. It's setting my main region to Low settings until I swap once.

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:57 am

Re: Update issue?

If you are having issues, you can try reverting to test whether it is the new build or not. You can revert using the History tab in the Patcher.

If it does resolve the issue, a compatibility diagnostic on a running WoW may be useful (can load it under InnerSpace if you like).
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
Last edited by bob on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I was obviously way too tired when I wrote this as I put in the wrong damn link...
<<

iodsnips

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:24 am

I too was having way too many issues with the new 1.16 build 6492 that I must try to revert back to the stable build 6464. Thanks Bob, I didn't know about the history tab in the Patcher.

With 1.16 build 6464 my only complaint was if I tried logging all 20 WoW characters from the character select screen through the loading screens at the same time, 1-3 or so would randomly get "stuck" on an infinite loading screen. Other then that no problems with build 6464!

With 1.16 build 6492 there are so many problems I wouldn't know where to start. Randomly the CPU is at 100% with fps at 5-15 when 20 login/password screens are loaded up, and sometimes the CPU is at only 30% usage with 60 fps on everyone after rebooting. Entire computer locks up, OS unresponsive if you try to go from login/password to the character select screen all at once with build 6492. If you try to login to twenty toons from the character select screen to the game at once I get either wow crash errors that pop up or worse yet wow clients just randomly disappear (hidden crash that can be traced back in the windows error logs). If you're in your garrison and you hearth twenty toons back to Shrine at once I got a few toons that crashed and 5-8 that got stuck in an infinite loop where people were running in place and nobody was follow-able/intractable. I'm running windows 7 because windows 10 performs way too poorly & I am aware I am a lower then I would like to be hardware wise. Was just shocked at the amount of issues with this new 6492 build on my end though. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, wasn't sure where to type it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:37 am

Entire computer locks up, OS unresponsive if you try to go from login/password to the character select screen all at once with build 6492.

Naw man, if I try to do those things there's no such issue. You should say "if I try to. . ." instead of telling us what you think happens to us when we do things :)

Was just shocked at the amount of issues with this new 6492 build on my end though.

I, too, am shocked at the number of issues you're describing with 6492, certainly those are not normal issues.

If your entire computer locks up, you've got a hardware/driver issue, full stop. So perhaps you might start by checking for driver updates

I would generally suggest a separate thread for your mega list of issues instead of adding on to someones unrelated issues though ("it's related because I updated too" is not good enough :) ), it is much easier to carry a conversation with one person at a time in their thread about their specific issue. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:49 am

Inner Space build 6494 is now LIVE with a fix that I believe applies to you, iodsnips
<<

iodsnips

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Sorry I meant to say when I tried it those things they happened to me. I understand with the number of hardware & software configurations out there that everyone's experience is completely different (wow forum ptr/bug section totally prove that, lol).

Since I am pushing my older CPU & ram kinda hard, I have had to rely on my mega fast Intel Optane SSD 900P to have my RAM pagefile on. But loading into the game or hearthing easily took 4-6x longer with the new build which felt very strange. Perhaps with more work put onto the core 0 bug was affecting it and the new build today that fixes that it might work better. Going to hold off for now, but later when I try a new build I will make my own thread for it, was just hoping my info/feedback might be useful.

Thanks for continuing to make ISBoxer/Innerspace, your work have changed my gaming experience for the better over the years by such a huge margin!

Return to General