FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

3 box team, healing other in group

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Drgreen

Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 am

3 box team, healing other in group

Hi! So, I've been trying to understand how to use isboxer on wow and thanks to @MiRai I kinda figured stuff out.
At the moment I'm on the "healing" topic. (I play 3 box wow)
I actually downloaded his profile in the end as that was easier. Changed slot 1-3 to my own characters and removing slot 4-6, as I'm only playing 3 man team.
BUT! then it hit me.. What if, or when, I team up with other players for dungeons. (I got healer, tank and dps as my chars)
How do click bars work in that case?
My characters will always be the 3 first and have click bars/buttons to get healed.
How about the other 2, new, random ppl, in my group?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Re: 3 box team, healing other in group

ISBoxer has no idea about randoms you PUG with, and as such the ISBoxer addon that gets created with the Assist/Follow and other macros, also has no idea about the randoms.

There are ways of handling randoms, but none of them are particularly elegant, and to some effect all utilise things like target with main, hit assist, or drive from healer.

Part of the reason of multiboxing is so you don't have to deal with randoms, so the strategies of dealing with them are not particularly catered for, but I'm sure with a bit of thought, it would be possible to figure one out that works for you.
<<

Drgreen

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 am

Isn't it possible to make a click bar with @party 3 and 4 to do this?
Haven't been able to try it yet. Just last night figured out healing with click bars on my own toons.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Drgreen wrote:Isn't it possible to make a click bar with @party 3 and 4 to do this?

I'm pretty sure those two conditionals change depending on the order of the party, and the easiest way to do what you want is not to delete the Click Bars, but to unassign them until you want to use them.
<<

Drgreen

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am

Tried grouping up last night with one random and @party with clickbar healing worked without an issue.
I'll probably be 4 or 5 boxing classic wow so everything seems to work as I want.

Return to World of Warcraft