FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Auto assist only works on some of my characters

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rossxwest

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Auto assist only works on some of my characters

I have a brand new setup on 5 accounts where I have 3 mages and 2 priests.

Follow me and assist me work fine, but auto-assist only works on the 2 priests, none of the other characters will auto-assist at all.

I have been trying everything for hours, any ideas?

Profile: https://pastebin.com/A6cRxCtv
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: Auto assist only works on some of my characters

having character names which are matches for the beginning of other character names, will give you issues, because the inbuilt WoW assist uses partial matching.

So when you issue an assist on Rosemage, then the other toons may also match on Rosemagex and Rossmagexx, because the beginning of all three toons names are the same.

This will give you grief.
If you really want to keep the names, then you will probably need a custom assist macro that does a
Code:
/targetexact {FTL}
/assist

Now if you are not using it already, ISBoxer will have created a /targetexact macro in the GameHelpers section, so you could change that to also do the assist.
I would then suggest copying the ISB42 - WOW -> Assist Me mapped key, and changing the copy to call the /target /assist macro, and then finally update on the character set the Virtual Mapped Keys, so the Assist Me - Active Method, was calling the new ISB42 - WoW -> TargetAssist mapped key.
<<

rossxwest

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

So I made a new setup with characters that don't have overlapping names on the first 8 characters and I am having the exact same problem where the priests auto-assist and the mages don't. I thought maybe it could be some conflicting keybinds so I reset them and there was no difference.

Updated Profile: https://pastebin.com/2ZcMUaHm
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 am

There are other issues still wrong with your profile that might cause oddities because you have multiple things bound to the same hotkey, and worse, they are the same action, so it ends up being called twice, which can cause issues (although I think your issue is the second one here). You could have solves this with a File -> Clear, and rerun the Quick Setup Wizard. That said, the issues are below.

1. Unbind the hotkeys here (they are already in ISB42 - Base Hotkeys, which ends up calling these).

2. You have changed the Assist bind for the ISBoxer macro key to NUM9. This is a bad choice as modifiers, such as CTRL/SHIFT/ALT do funny things to NUMPAD keys (which also do depend on the status of NUMLOCK too).
This is normally BACKSPACE in a default setup. You can either set it back, or if you use BACKSPACE for something else, you need to find a native "normal" key, that you are not binding to anything else in game, including all versions with modifiers.

If you make changes to the GameHelpers, you need to Export to InnerSpace to recreate the ISBoxer Addon, and additionally either reload the games from scratch, or do a /reload on all toons in game.
<<

rossxwest

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 am

I tried going though and changing the things you said, but that didn't work. However, clearing and rerunning the wizard did, thanks!

Return to World of Warcraft