FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Target in Key Maps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Razzy

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Target in Key Maps

Hi,

I am not sure what forum section I should post this under. I have spent a few hours trying to fix/research this issue to no avail.

I am having an issue with Target section of keymap - for example, if I choose "Character:Razzy" in Target - it doesn't send a command to Razzy EQ session. If I choose "Character Slot:1", it works.

The problem is I have two accounts of my own and two accounts of friends who doesn't play as much I do so if that friend logs on, then I'll drop that friend's character so he can join me and I'll have three characters to box instead of four. That friend is Slot 3 while my 4th box was obviously Slot 4 turns into Slot 3 when that happens.

Any tips or suggestions?
Last edited by Razzy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Target in Key Maps

It's not clear why Razzy is important in this situation. Perhaps sharing your profile and pointing us in a direction to look will help better explain what's happening.
<<

Razzy

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:25 pm

MiRai wrote:It's not clear why Razzy is important in this situation. Perhaps sharing your profile and pointing us in a direction to look will help better explain what's happening.

I am just using Razzy as an example - it happens on all the characters. I am not home right now but I will as soon I get home.
<<

Razzy

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:41 pm

I downloaded ISBoxer on my work computer to look at the options on Target - I have some of them off. I edited my original post.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 pm

EQ profiles tend to have "CharacterName (Server)" for the characters. This causes problems if you try to do per character Targets, because the parenthesis means something specific in targets, and, after processing, it cannot find the resultant Target because it no longer matches the character name.

If this is the case for you, under your Characters in the top left of ISBoxer, rename them (select, F2, or right click), and rename them so they do not have operator characters used in the Advanced Target Mechanics. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target
<<

Razzy

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 am

bob wrote:EQ profiles tend to have "CharacterName (Server)" for the characters. This causes problems if you try to do per character Targets, because the parenthesis means something specific in targets, and, after processing, it cannot find the resultant Target because it no longer matches the character name.

If this is the case for you, under your Characters in the top left of ISBoxer, rename them (select, F2, or right click), and rename them so they do not have operator characters used in the Advanced Target Mechanics. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target

You nailed it right on the head. I actually did thought of that a couple weeks ago and I renamed one of the char without the (servername) but it didn't work.

But since you posted this - it made me think and try this again. I just needed to log everyone out/exit the game, exit InnerSpace (probably didn't need to do that) and reexported everything, and it's working! This opens a lot more stuff for me to do :) I've been very busy today and tonight - didn't get a chance to post my XML. You guys rock.

Thank you.

Return to EverQuest