FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with Mixed group spec swapping, IWT, Click bars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aysa90

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:31 am

Problems with Mixed group spec swapping, IWT, Click bars

Hi Guys,

Recently started using Isboxer again (I have used it a long time ago for a short period) and I am trying to create a good setup for mixed teams. Currently it is still a WIP as I am figuring out stuff and adding them when I need them instead of doing a big bang and not knowing where everything is.

My main goal is to work out all the kinks before Classic hits so I can just boot it up and run.

Now I am running into 3 problems:
- I watched the video's from Mirai and how he used a spec swap menu to swap specs ingame. Now I got it working but whenever I enter a dungeon the specs reset to what is in ISBoxer. I don't understand why it does this or how I prevent it from doing that.
- I have a problem with the IWT setup. Basically I use the standard setup that comes with ISBoxer and bind it to grave (`) key. Now it works, sort of. Every once in a while it just stops working. Characters no longer respond to the key. I tried re-exporting the profile but this does not work. Only way I found to fix this is to shutdown all 5 clients and reboot the game.
- I currently use 2 click bars for healer and offhealers and I notice if I don't main from the healer he will lag or the sync will not go through fast enough. I tried upping the FPS and setting the healer as master but since I tend to swap specs this is not a valid solution long term. Any idea's why this is happening? My PC is strong enough to easily run 5 clients.

Another problem I have (and I know this has been asked in the past but I can't figure out how to do it) is that I have a Holy Paladin and a Balance Druid in my team and whenever I use IWT they run into melee. Now I know this has something to do with the way IWT works with classes that are both ranged and melee so I tried setting up a target group for melee and ranged.

I tried the following but IWT stopped working completed so I reverted back:
- Party hotkeys -> Interact with Target - Standard -> step 1:
- Do Click to move on in wow key map -> all others in (melee)
- Do assist me (default)
- Interact with Target -> All of (Melee)

What I want to achieve is that my melee target group runs in and my ranged target group stays behind. Currently I have these keys on 2 seperate binds but I would prefer to have this in 1 key. Since I keep running into problems where IWT keeps breaking I thought I might as well ask here to see if you guys can help me set it up properly.

If you need more info just let me know.

Thanks!

Aysa90
Attachments
profile.txt
(423.41 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Re: Problems with Mixed group spec swapping, IWT, Click bars

aysa90 wrote:I watched the video's from Mirai and how he used a spec swap menu to swap specs ingame. Now I got it working but whenever I enter a dungeon the specs reset to what is in ISBoxer. I don't understand why it does this or how I prevent it from doing that.

Are you using the LFG tool to join a dungeon? If so, I believe it switches you to the spec you chose when you join the queue.

aysa90 wrote:I have a problem with the IWT setup. Basically I use the standard setup that comes with ISBoxer and bind it to grave (`) key. Now it works, sort of. Every once in a while it just stops working. Characters no longer respond to the key. I tried re-exporting the profile but this does not work. Only way I found to fix this is to shutdown all 5 clients and reboot the game.

I can't say I have an answer for this one, but you may want to change the IWT Mapped Key, in Base Hotkeys, to execute when pressed or released, because it's a two-step process and will likely de-sync.

aysa90 wrote:I currently use 2 click bars for healer and offhealers and I notice if I don't main from the healer he will lag or the sync will not go through fast enough. I tried upping the FPS and setting the healer as master but since I tend to swap specs this is not a valid solution long term. Any idea's why this is happening? My PC is strong enough to easily run 5 clients.

I also do not have an answer for this, as things look to be correct. Perhaps a more-detailed recount of the steps required to make this happen, and in which characters in question, will be necessary.

aysa90 wrote:Another problem I have (and I know this has been asked in the past but I can't figure out how to do it) is that I have a Holy Paladin and a Balance Druid in my team and whenever I use IWT they run into melee. Now I know this has something to do with the way IWT works with classes that are both ranged and melee so I tried setting up a target group for melee and ranged.

I tried the following but IWT stopped working completed so I reverted back:
- Party hotkeys -> Interact with Target - Standard -> step 1:
- Do Click to move on in wow key map -> all others in (melee)
- Do assist me (default)
- Interact with Target -> All of (Melee)

On paper, that looks fine, but I don't see those changes made in the profile you provided (I know you said you reverted), so I can't say for sure if you had it configured correctly. The lack of "pressed OR released" being set on the MK that executes IWT is going to cause de-sync in the overall process of enabling CTM, interacting, and disabling CTM, so that could've easily been an issue, as mentioned above.

aysa90 wrote:What I want to achieve is that my melee target group runs in and my ranged target group stays behind. Currently I have these keys on 2 seperate binds but I would prefer to have this in 1 key. Since I keep running into problems where IWT keeps breaking I thought I might as well ask here to see if you guys can help me set it up properly.

Two separate Mapped Keys with two different Hotkeys are likely going to be necessary, because if you need to interact with an NPC, you don't want only your melee characters receiving the interact command. Personally, I combine my melee-only interact command in with a two-step assist, but, technically, I still have two separate Hotkeys to press depending on which type of interact I'm looking to use.
<<

aysa90

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:14 am

Are you using the LFG tool to join a dungeon? If so, I believe it switches you to the spec you chose when you join the queue.

This was indeed the case. Since I ran the entire group I did not change specs based on what their current role was.

I can't say I have an answer for this one, but you may want to change the IWT Mapped Key, in Base Hotkeys, to execute when pressed or released, because it's a two-step process and will likely de-sync.

This is actually on Pressed OR Released by default, better yet: I can't even change it to anything else (it is grayed out)

I also do not have an answer for this, as things look to be correct. Perhaps a more-detailed recount of the steps required to make this happen, and in which characters in question, will be necessary.

I have heals on Left Click, Right Click, Shift Left Click and Shift Right Click (for now). In my healing key maps I Have a sync cursor and a do (some) click in virtual healing which then gets copied to the class (Just like you do in your videos)
They are execute on Pressed OR Released.

Most noticeable is the druid. If I rejuvenate a target and I try to rejuvenate my tank after, it will rejuvenate the previous target again, if I click Rejuvenate again on the tank it will rejuvenate the tank. So it seems the sync is not going fast enough since the second spell goes to the tank.
I am not sure what would happen if I change to seperate click bars and bind heals to specific slots, may be worth a shot, or syncing when entering the click bar area. Still would be nice to know why the sync is having so much trouble keeping up.

Two separate Mapped Keys with two different Hotkeys are likely going to be necessary, because if you need to interact with an NPC, you don't want only your melee characters receiving the interact command. Personally, I combine my melee-only interact command in with a two-step assist, but, technically, I still have two separate Hotkeys to press depending on which type of interact I'm looking to use.

That is true. One question I keep having though, IWT is usefull for ranged to keep up with a target, but because druids, shamans and paladins have buggy IWT with the melee/ranged wierdness it is not really useable, how do you deal with ranged characters staying in range if IWT can't be used because of this (if you run from melee toon)? Do you keep them in range manually with /f?

Personally, I combine my melee-only interact command in with a two-step assist, but, technically, I still have two separate Hotkeys to press depending on which type of interact I'm looking to use.

I am not sure what you mean with two step assist here.

Thanks so far man, love you video's!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:05 pm

aysa90 wrote:
MiRai wrote:I can't say I have an answer for this one, but you may want to change the IWT Mapped Key, in Base Hotkeys, to execute when pressed or released, because it's a two-step process and will likely de-sync.

This is actually on Pressed OR Released by default, better yet: I can't even change it to anything else (it is grayed out)

Right, it's grayed out because the "Hold" option is enabled, and so it is ignored until you disable that.

aysa90 wrote:
MiRai wrote:I also do not have an answer for this, as things look to be correct. Perhaps a more-detailed recount of the steps required to make this happen, and in which characters in question, will be necessary.

I have heals on Left Click, Right Click, Shift Left Click and Shift Right Click (for now). In my healing key maps I Have a sync cursor and a do (some) click in virtual healing which then gets copied to the class (Just like you do in your videos)
They are execute on Pressed OR Released.

Actually, I see where it's not configured how I have it in my video. In my "Healing Like a Pro" video, I have a blank step in the Class Key Map that is used to allow enough time for the cursor to sync, which is missing your copy of my profile. My profile, as I showed in my Pro System demo videos, doesn't use that because I have separate Click Bar buttons where the enter/exit of the Click Bar does the sync—this doesn't work correctly with a single Click Bar setup.

aysa90 wrote:
MiRai wrote:Two separate Mapped Keys with two different Hotkeys are likely going to be necessary, because if you need to interact with an NPC, you don't want only your melee characters receiving the interact command. Personally, I combine my melee-only interact command in with a two-step assist, but, technically, I still have two separate Hotkeys to press depending on which type of interact I'm looking to use.

That is true. One question I keep having though, IWT is usefull for ranged to keep up with a target, but because druids, shamans and paladins have buggy IWT with the melee/ranged wierdness it is not really useable, how do you deal with ranged characters staying in range if IWT can't be used because of this (if you run from melee toon)? Do you keep them in range manually with /f?

I use /follow to control ranged positioning because IWT is unreliable in Retail, but imagine I'd have to either edit the ATG assignment or use a /follow strobe if I was on the move a lot during a fight.

aysa90 wrote:
MiRai wrote:Personally, I combine my melee-only interact command in with a two-step assist, but, technically, I still have two separate Hotkeys to press depending on which type of interact I'm looking to use.

I am not sure what you mean with two step assist here.

I have a Mapped Key that, on press, tells everyone to assist, and, on release, tells the melee characters to interact.

I also forgot to mention this before, but you have class-specific macro sets assigned to an entire Character Set, along with the class that they belong to. They should not be assigned to the Character Set.
<<

aysa90

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:15 am

Right, it's grayed out because the "Hold" option is enabled, and so it is ignored until you disable that.

I did not know the hold blocks the execute. I'll have a go at it with the hold disabled and see if that works better.

Actually, I see where it's not configured how I have it in my video. In my "Healing Like a Pro" video, I have a blank step in the Class Key Map that is used to allow enough time for the cursor to sync, which is missing your copy of my profile. My profile, as I showed in my Pro System demo videos, doesn't use that because I have separate Click Bar buttons where the enter/exit of the Click Bar does the sync—this doesn't work correctly with a single Click Bar setup.

So I was missing a step in there. I went over your video and did stuff mostly manual unless it was a lot of copy paste work anyway so I missed that step apparently. I'll add the empty step, though probably will switch over to specific click bars in the near future as it seems slightly more reliable and I can bind the actions to slots.

Seems I still have to learn a few things, one apparently is making sure I did not miss anything.

Thanks for your help man, much appreciated!

Return to World of Warcraft