FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Healing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Joeskiee

Post Sat May 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Healing

I have tried a couple different methods curious of what other peoples preferred methods are?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: Healing

I prefer click healing with hard-coded tank healing.
<<

Joeskiee

Post Sat May 25, 2019 10:36 pm

MiRai wrote:I prefer click healing with hard-coded tank healing.

Is that like what you show in your videos with the clique and grid or are you talking about the pro system? Or a different one from them even? Thanks by the way for the videos! Pretty sure i have watched almost all of them. Haha
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun May 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Joeskiee wrote:
MiRai wrote:I prefer click healing with hard-coded tank healing.

Is that like what you show in your videos with the clique and grid or are you talking about the pro system? Or a different one from them even? Thanks by the way for the videos! Pretty sure i have watched almost all of them. Haha

Yep - I think the best demonstration is going to be in the sixth video in the Pro System video series, near the end when I'm in Blackrock Caverns, but perhaps some of the dungeon runs from the Automata series show it off, as well.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon May 27, 2019 10:29 am

Because I mostly play with disc-priest healer, I've developed a system without clicking.

In Wow I have Grid2 with the party in alphabetical order and no pets in the same place on every character. Then in ISBoxer I have a click menu with exactly the same size panels as the Grid2. The menu is passthrough and the click menu buttons themselves don't do anything.

I set the mouseover of the click menu to a keymap which makes any toons in the ATG Healer leave the ATG Combat. I set the mouseout (i.e. step 2 of the mouseover) to make all Healers re-join ATG Combat. On the main keymap, I send dps keys only to those toons in Combat. Healing keys do a sync cursor in order for the mouse position to be replicated to the healer toon.

So to be explicit: healer does dps unless mouse moves into the Grid2 area. When I move the mouse into Grid2 area, the healer stops dps ready for a heal spell.

Additionally, my heal macros have [@targettarget,help] which means if my mouse is busy steering during movement and I can't move it into the grid area, whoever has aggro will get the heal.

Return to World of Warcraft