FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW client constantly crashing on launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

AnimeAddiction

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:02 am

WoW client constantly crashing on launch

So I downloaded ISBoxer and InnerSpace about 6 days ago now (Trying it out with the trial) and am having an absolute blast multiboxing a full party of toons. The problem is, the WoW client will inexplicably crash when I try to launch my team. When I first downloaded the program I simply ran the wizard to create the team and everything went smoothly. I came back the next day to find that launching from within InnerSpace and ISBoxer both cause the WoW client to crash within a few seconds. I did some troubleshooting, disabled some startup programs and services, and managed to get the game up and running again.

Now I'm faced with another dilemma. I was playing my team fine for the entirety of my first session, then I had some company over, so I shutdown the game/programs and the PC went into sleep/hibernate after awhile. The company left, woke the PC, and now, magically, my team refuses to launch, instead giving me a WoW crash error. I don't know what could have possibly caused this. I have no recollection of changing any major InnerSpace or ISBoxer settings outside of playing around with the Click Bar feature. I remember changing some ingame settings, but I doubt that would cause this to happen.

Help me :c

Relevant Information:

ISBoxer Compatibility Diagnostic: https://pastebin.com/FkMuuK6K

WoW Crash Error: https://pastebin.com/QtdBuvJM

System Info:
-CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs(, ~3.3GHz
-GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
-RAM: 8 GB
-DirectX Version: DX11

(I'm trying to give you as much as I can to eliminate the back and forth dialogue that's created from a lack of proper info, sorry if I missed anything!)

Thank you for your time!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 am

Re: WoW client constantly crashing on launch

You may want to try out running the game in Directx9 if it is not already. Or if it is, switch it up to Directx11 if it is supported.

From there, hard to say. Not much stands out. The error is not particularly helpful. Make sure Windows is up to date. Maybe try the dev build (of InnerSpace).
Maybe try a different server, as those non retail versions are sometimes buggy.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:47 am

Unfortunately it's probably more related to being on an old version of WoW, on an old version of Windows (7). On Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, you would probably not have the issue at all -- the OS is different under the hood. And you may find that WoW 8.1.5 launches fine, but 3.3.5 does not. That would be consistent with what we have heard from others running 3.3.5 on Windows 7.

With that said, unfortunately as bob said not much stands out in the provided details. There are a couple of places you can look for some better diagnostic information here:

1. Check in the World of Warcraft\Errors folder (this would be World of Warcraft\_retail_\Errors on WoW 8.1 or later) for crash logs matching the time/date of your crash. A .dmp file would be ideal
2. check in your Inner Space folder for a .dmp file named like name_of_client.exe.dmp, otherwise check %LocalAppData%\CrashDumps (you can press Windows+R and paste that into the Run box) for name_of_client.exe.####.dmp (where #### is the process ID that crashed/disappeared/didn't launch)

If you do find a dmp file matching this description, you can send it to lax@lavishsoft.com for analysis
<<

AnimeAddiction

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:04 am

@bob

Unfortunately I've tried adding DX9 and DX11 parameters to the launch, to no avail. I also tried Dev and nonDev builds; nothing. Thank you, though.

@lax

That's discouraging to hear as I was having some renewed fun in the game, but understandable at the same time. I enjoy WoTLK so I won't be upgrading to a newer version. Unfortunately, there are no .dmp files that would be relevant to this situation in any of the given locations (All the WoW .dmp's were several months+ old and there were no .dmp's in any of the other locations). I appreciate the help.

----

I decided to start InnerSpace and ISBoxer on a whim after writing these replies and the launch works successfully for no apparent reason. I've done absolutely nothing besides watch some YT videos for the past couple of hours. It's a shame, I really was liking this software, and was going to try out the 3-month subscription. I feel it'd be a waste of funds, though, paying for a sub that decides to work on nothing more than what seems to be how my PC is feeling at the moment. Thanks again, though.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:42 am

We just got started talking to you and you've already given up.

You can probably still get me a dmp file. With the crash window showing, go into ISBoxer Toolkit's Help menu and, under Diagnostics, select Trace Diagnostics. Select the currently-crashed wow.exe from the drop-down list of processes, and click the Generate button. This will ask you for a filename to save it as, save it as whatever you want just send it to me. ;)

If it has to do with "how your PC is feeling at the moment" then there's probably a solution. It does sounds like it would depend on something like software running at the time, to make your PC feel that way :lol: . For example, you could try shutting down your Logitech software, which hasnt been a known issue for years but ... you're on a version of Windows from a decade ago, and a version of WoW from a decade ago, so I wont rule it out for you.

There's also this setting which is designed to help with issues like this:
(Right click Inner Space and select Configuration.) It defaults to Standard, try Moderate and/or Minimum, click Apply to save the setting, and see what changes for the next window you try launching.
<<

AnimeAddiction

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:02 am

I didn't mean to give the impression that I had given up, I just took it from the two responses that there wasn't much that could be done in my case, seeing as I'm on an older version of both WoW and Windows.

I would love to get a .dmp file for you, but as I mentioned earlier, my character set is now successfully launching for the moment. Without any clue as to why, I can't really 'break' it again to find out what was causing the issue. I would agree that there's got to be some behind-the-scenes program/service running that's causing this issue, I just haven't the slightest idea as to which one.

If the set decides to stop launching again, first thing I'll do is run a Trace Diagnostics and get that sent over to you, along with change the options you've mentioned. Seeing as it's working (for now), though, I'd rather leave it be and cross my fingers it doesn't break again. Thanks for the help!
<<

AnimeAddiction

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:21 pm

So, the set stopped launching again and I ran a Trace Diagnostics on it, gonna send the file to the email you provided earlier.

I tried disabling the Logitech software to no avail.

Something strange happens when I mess with InnerSpace's Loader aggressiveness:

-Minimum/Moderate: The WoW client loads into either a black or white screen then the crash appears.
-Standard/Maximum: Just the crash error appears, without the black/white screen. I don't know if this is relevant to the crash or indicative of any other problems, just thought I should mention it.

Thanks for the support!

Return to World of Warcraft