FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another ban for using ISBoxer?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BotFighter

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 am

Another ban for using ISBoxer?

During free weekend i create 5 US accounts. I think that i could play BfA, but all a can do is to create lvl 1 characrars, and spend about 5 min in starting zone.
That's all, after that i never login to that characters.
Next day 4 of 5 accounts was banned for "illegal software use".
Only software i use was ISBoxer since my PC is too old and i should to close all programs (browser, dropbox e.t.c.).

I think Blizzard want to say that if you play only one account - it's ok, but if you want to play multiple accounts with "illegal software" - it's against rules and you can be banned.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Re: Another ban for using ISBoxer?

There's no such thing as "illegal" software, and they don't ban for using ISBoxer. If they banned just for using ISBoxer, why did they choose just you, and not the other thousands of people using ISBoxer with World of Warcraft? Why do they keep telling people who are asking them about using ISBoxer, that while they don't actively support multiboxing tools, that they are not banning people for using multiboxing software?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11704
Common Problems
I'm worried my account will be actioned for multiboxing

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. We do not actively support multiboxing tools. For questions about setting up or running multiboxing you will need to refer to third-party sites such as WoW Wikki.

So while we obviously believe you when you say you got banned, and we are sorry to hear about your troubles, we have to be skeptical when you tell us you got banned for using ISBoxer. Chances are much higher that they banned you for using something that they were scanning for.

I will add that your new accounts can be banned for software that you used weeks ago, on completely different accounts. This would not be unheard of at all.
<<

BotFighter

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Another ban for using ISBoxer?

I'm not saying that using ISBoxer will result a ban.
I use ISBoxer myself for a long time on EU accounts.
All i want to say is that i make new accounts on US, play for about 5 mins and get banned. And the only "third-party software to get in-game advantages" i was using was ISBoxer.

Return to World of Warcraft