FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Straight up useless <SOLVED>

Moderator: MiRai

<<

HuntingFighter

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 am

Straight up useless <SOLVED>

So after many people used it and told me it's good I thought about switching to ISBoxer from EVE-O as I just hit a limit of accounts where my PC can't handle it on it's own anymore without frame limiting. So to state it short: NOTHING works, for me, the software is straight up useless as when I start the EVE Launcher through Inner Space it crashes after a few seconds or gives me a black screen in the launcher, if I try to use ISBEL (downloaded today so the current version) I get "Invalid EVE Character -- Failed to find Character ID via ESI" when trying to add a Character. To say it blunt, being like this, the software is absolutely useless and doesn't help anyone through NOT working. I'm quite happy rn that I took the 7 day Trial instead of subbing right away cos with it not working I'm not gonna pay 5 bucks a month for that shit.

Also, after having the EVE Launcher crash on me 20 times when starting it yesterday, it eventually worked ONCE (ONCE, it didn't work since then in a hundred tries or so) and I ended up not being able to use it fully because some of the Hotkeys straight up didn't work (I use SHIFT + 1-8, Q-I for now and SHIFT + T, Z, U, I didn't work, all others worked fine after cycling them once or twice) so unless there is a fix for those two problems this shit software is gonna get booted from my computer right away once the 7 day Trial is over ...

Edit: Sorry for being a bit overaggressive in the thread, I'm not gonna edit it for the keeps sake but I really shouldn't write forum threads when I'm tired and tilted :?
Last edited by bob on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: resolved
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 am

Re: Straight up useless

1. Don't use the Character options in ISBEL, there may be issues with it currently. It has not been tested fully since the recent update to the login process for EVE. In fact, there are several items within the login process that have not been fully tested in the current published version of ISBEL (they are coming though). It'll get there. But then again, it's free, not mandatory, and is not guaranteed to be maintained.
  2. If you are having crashes all the time when using the CCP launcher, then if there are any crash reports that would be useful to see. Along with that, a Cmpatibility Diagnostic, and, if you scroll further down the page, there are some locations to check for dump files in the "Is there something else I can provide" section.
  3. Keep it civil and on point. Your opinions, while welcome, are phrased such that they wrap a bunch of untruths in there.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 am

so unless there is a fix for those two problems this shit software is gonna get booted

If someone wants help with something, they come and ask a question, or ask for help. Look at your post. There is neither a question, nor a request for help in your post. Just your toxic attitude.

With this attitude, it's not worth your $5 a month for me to pay our team to help you. The team is too good for you.

Literally anyone else will come and say "hey, I'm having a problem with black screen, why does this happen/how do i fix it?" or "hey I get failed to find Character ID via ESI in ISBEL, can someone help?" (p.s. adding Characters in ISBEL includes a warning in ISBEL itself, it has always been recommended to add Accounts instead.) Not you, just "I get issues THIS IS STRAIGHT UP USELESS IM DELETING". Have at it then, why did you even go through the trouble of registering in order to post?
<<

HuntingFighter

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:01 am

lax wrote:
so unless there is a fix for those two problems this shit software is gonna get booted

If someone wants help with something, they come and ask a question, or ask for help. Look at your post. There is neither a question, nor a request for help in your post. Just your toxic attitude.

With this attitude, it's not worth your $5 a month for me to pay our team to help you. The team is too good for you.

Literally anyone else will come and say "hey, I'm having a problem with black screen, why does this happen/how do i fix it?" or "hey I get failed to find Character ID via ESI in ISBEL, can someone help?" (p.s. adding Characters in ISBEL includes a warning in ISBEL itself, it has always been recommended to add Accounts instead.) Not you, just "I get issues THIS IS STRAIGHT UP USELESS IM DELETING". Have at it then, why did you even go through the trouble of registering in order to post?

o7, Sorry for being a bit aggressive there, it just tilts me to nirvana that I put in that much time into it and nothing works. For ISBEL I'll check if I can fix it by that. For the other part, I may have to add the info that I initially installed EVE through steam, eventhough the executable works the same. I also tried to do it via ISBEL without adding chars as that didn't work, ended up landing ont he old landing page in a client where it told me to log in which is kind of weird as that shouldn't work anymore.

To the last question: I bothered cos I kind of want to use the software, however, in the way it works (or better not works) for me rn I sadly can't :(
So all in all:
1. How can I fix the dynamic launch thing? I start the EVE Launcher through Inner Space and it either crashes or it gives me a black launcher. Any fixes for that? Or is that because of the Steam Installation (I'll try it later with a fresh EVE Installation).
2. If I add the Character to the launcher and launch a slot in ISBoxer that I told to use this launcher set I get this https://i.imgur.com/d6tk8go.jpg , obviously not what I was looking for so either what am I doing wrong or how can I fix that?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 am

1a. I would need more information on the crash to assist with a crash. There should be a .dmp file matching the crash either in your Inner Space folder as exefile.exe.dmp or eveonline.exe.dmp (depending on if the game or launcher crahsed...), or if not there, then under %LocalAppData%\CrashLogs (just paste that into Explorer or press Windows+R and enter it into the Run box) as exefile.exe.####.dmp or eveonline.exe.####.dmp, where #### is the process ID from the crash. If you find one of these from the time/date of the crash, you can send it to lax@lavishsoft.com and I'll check it out.

1b. Black screen with EVE, most often lately, is related to the game having a minimum resolution, and ISBoxer being capable of forcing the game window to be smaller than that minimum resolution. If you make an EVE window smaller than, I think it is about 1024x768 but we've got the actual number somewhere, then it will come up as a black screen. If that is the problem, it is most easily solved by changing your Window Layout. We can't see your Window Layout to know for certain that this is what's going on. You can show us your configuration and we can make specific suggestions -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing -- but generally you can use the Window Layout Wizard and then select a style that has a main large area, and then smaller areas for the other windows (and Instant Swap enabled). If you choose for example a 4-corners layout with all the same size and you've got a 1920x1080 monitor, your 4 windows are going to be 960x540 in size and will come up as black screens.

2. ISBEL has had multiple updates in the last week or two due to changes that CCP very recently made to the launcher process, which broke ISBEL for everyone for multiple days and still has remaining issues. Version 1.0.0.30 is up now, with fixes for adding specific Characters. That might resolve this issue for you
<<

HuntingFighter

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:24 am

I just sent the dump file via mail, the Black Screen happened to me in the launcher, not in the game. It sometimes happens that I can start the launcher but that doesn't help much if it only works one out of 50 times.

Regarding ISBEL, I managed to fix most of it, however, is it normal that it asks for the master password on every client launch? Because that kind of slows the launching down a lot.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:31 am

For ISBEL, the instructions say:

<snip>
11. Optional: If you have enabled "Save passwords (securely)" in Step 5, run an instance of ISBoxer EVE Launcher as Administrator now. This will act as a "master" ISBoxer EVE Launcher instance, which will allow the new instances to not ask you for the Master Password each time!

12. Launch your ISBoxer Character Set! For example, right click Inner Space, and find your team under ISBoxer Character Sets. (Do not click "Launch with Inner Space", at all, if you are intending to use ISBoxer!) If your account-specific Game Profiles are created and assigned, your EVE clients should launch without further interaction with ISBoxer EVE Launcher unless a password (etc) is required.
<<

HuntingFighter

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:44 am

Thank you, that fixed it, takes ages to start up but good way if that works so I can just let the chars load up while getting my food done ;)

Return to EVE Online