FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow not functioning on one account, "unknown unit"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

iamnatman

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Follow not functioning on one account, "unknown unit"

Hello again. Potentially another dumb thing I'm overlooking, but I'm currently having a problem where one of my five accounts will not follow. His actions function, and I can use abilities/flying V formation and what not, but /follow and IWT do not. I just get an "unknown unit" spam, and if I switch to him as the "master" and try to use the follow command, the other four show "unknown unit". It's showing on startup that all accounts are in the proper windows, and I don't have any error popups saying that character is in the wrong window. It only seems to happen on this one character set, though. I don't have this problem with my alliance team, so I copy/pasted the entire team set, and just changed the character slots, but it still seems to happen, even though it works perfectly fine for my main team.

I checked a few other topics, and some say it could be an in-game related issue. I know the addon is loaded for each account, and IWT is enabled/keybound to the same button as the others, so I'm not certain it's an in-game issue. Is there something else I might be overlooking?
Thank you.

Also, I wanted to post my config folder here, but pastebin seems to have a cap of 512 kb now, so I'm not sure how to link it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Re: Follow not functioning on one account, "unknown unit"

well unknown unit commonly occurs because the in game character name is not the same as the Actual Character Name noted for the character in ISBoxer (select the Character in the top left to check).

Other reasons are you are doing some cross realm server stuff, and the Game Server is not filled out correctly for each of your characters (again, select the Characters in the top left to check).

Less commonly, but beginning with BFA, the Akunda quesline renames your toons, so that buggers it up. You can clear the "buff".
<<

iamnatman

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Re: Follow not functioning on one account, "unknown unit"

Ah, I didn't check the character tab up top. Apparently his realm was listed as "BleedingHollow" and not "Bleeding Hollow". Amazing what a simple space can mess up.

Thanks bob!

Return to World of Warcraft