FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update .ini file entries before game loads ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Update .ini file entries before game loads ?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Is it possible to update specific entries in a .ini file before the game loads ?

I am having a problem where some display settings are being set to incorrect values.
I have not been able to track down what is causing the change so was thinking if I could simply reset them to the correct values automatically that would at least be a workaround.

The entries, in the eqclient.ini file (actually in the virtualized virsions of this file) are:
WindowedModeXOffset=-8
WindowedModeYOffset=-31
RestoredXOffset=-8
RestoredYOffset=-31
RestoredWidth=1920
RestoredHeight=1080
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am

Re: Update .ini file entries before game loads ?

ISBoxer does verify that the per character copies of game ini files use the expected window settings, when you Export from the toolkit to InnerSpace. Beyond that, the only thing that is writing to those files is the game.

If you want to update the ini files before the game loads, you'd need a program to do that for you, which could then subsequently load the game exe. Or you could potentially write something in Lavishscript (InnerSpace's language), and set that up as a pre-process in the launch sequence.
<<

Angahran

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:24 am

Re: Update .ini file entries before game loads ?

Thanks for the info.

I had a quick look at the Lavishscript doc and I see a command where I can dump a specific line of a file to the console.
If I knew the lines and that they wouldn't change that would be useful, I could at least see those lines.

I didn't see anything for searching for something within a file.
I guess I'd have to run a loop checking for the entries I want and note the lines.

Did not see anything for outputting to a file.
I'll dig some more into the docs when I get time, just had a quick look.

Return to EverQuest