FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] functions ISboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kursadors

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:08 pm

functions ISboxer

Hello! I have afew questions, after my ban 2 accounts in wow eu with my isboxer.
I was use isboxer 2 weeks. After this moment i get banned my 2 accounts. My functions with isboxer was standart auto assist/ script for camera view 4./repeat keyboard + repeat mouse. And i have macro in my mouse x7 (1 click = camera+macros follow+ SHift+H on/off repeater for mouse)
My questions: auto assist is bannable in wow official? or its free - non automation?
How i can delete from isboxer autoassist/autotarget/autofollow? i need do only keyboard repeat/ mouse repeat.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Re: functions ISboxer

Hello!

ISBoxer is not prohibited from WoW, including auto-assist and auto-follow. Disabling those functions from ISBoxer will not stop you from getting banned the same way you did before.

And i have macro in my mouse x7 (1 click = camera+macros follow+ SHift+H on/off repeater for mouse)

I don't know what you mean by that.

So, why did they ban you? What did your ban e-mail say?

If you got banned for ZONE DISRUPTION, that is from taking over an area and not allowing other players to do what they need to do in the area. You can get this ban without ISBoxer and without multiboxing at all.

If you got banned for BOTTING, this is typically from player reports, and players are often wrong. If this is the case, and you did NOT use any other software or bots, then they have been known to reverse these bans.

Here's some related threads, from this year, on dual-boxing.com
https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/54463-Banned-for-multiboxing-finally-overturned

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/54619-Wrongful-ban-and-a-warning-to-those-who-box-to-farm
I think we can probably sum up this th read for future visitors or reporters as: "If you do bot-like or gold-farmer-like things, especially semi-afk stuff where you really aren't paying much attention, expect to have a bad day eventually. If you're *really* polite and complete on your appeals, you have a good chance of getting it overturned. Still, Blizzard is not the judicial system -- don't get bent out of shape when you realize Blizzard runs an invite-only club."
<<

Kursadors

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:24 pm

lax wrote:Hello!

ISBoxer is not prohibited from WoW, including auto-assist and auto-follow. Disabling those functions from ISBoxer will not stop you from getting banned the same way you did before.

And i have macro in my mouse x7 (1 click = camera+macros follow+ SHift+H on/off repeater for mouse)

I don't know what you mean by that.

So, why did they ban you? What did your ban e-mail say?

If you got banned for ZONE DISRUPTION, that is from taking over an area and not allowing other players to do what they need to do in the area. You can get this ban without ISBoxer and without multiboxing at all.

If you got banned for BOTTING, this is typically from player reports, and players are often wrong. If this is the case, and you did NOT use any other software or bots, then they have been known to reverse these bans.

Here's some related threads, from this year, on dual-boxing.com
https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/54463-Banned-for-multiboxing-finally-overturned

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/54619-Wrongful-ban-and-a-warning-to-those-who-box-to-farm
I think we can probably sum up this th read for future visitors or reporters as: "If you do bot-like or gold-farmer-like things, especially semi-afk stuff where you really aren't paying much attention, expect to have a bad day eventually. If you're *really* polite and complete on your appeals, you have a good chance of getting it overturned. Still, Blizzard is not the judicial system -- don't get bent out of shape when you realize Blizzard runs an invite-only club."

Ban for Cheat/bot, support say: the ban was correct and not negotiable, everything will remain as it is.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Ban for Cheat/bot, support say: the ban was correct and not negotiable, everything will remain as it is.

Support is just some guys trying to do their job. This is no different than what most people say they heard from support, when they first contacted support on their own. It's not just WoW either, when I got banned from RIFT, that is what Trion's support originally said to me as well, before I escalated to a more senior GM that reversed the ban.

We don't know what you said to them that they responded this way to, we can't verify that you used nothing but ISBoxer (this would even include things you may have stopped using weeks ago), we can't determine that you didn't set up some macros in your mouse software, etc.

With that said, if all you want is keyboard and mouse repeat, what you want to do is use the Quick Setup Wizard, and when it asks a configuration style, choose "Generic Broadcasting" instead of "MMO - Standard".

But again, there are thousands of multiboxers in US, EU and other regions, and these features of ISBoxer are 10 years old -- and in ubiquitous use by WoW multiboxers.

There's people streaming WoW multiboxing on Twitch constantly, including in EU, and I guarantee they are all using these features that you're asking how to disable. Some of them have even been banned based on player reports -- we've talked to multiple streamers in the last year who had gotten banned, and then got the bans reversed. At least one of those was an EU player!

So again... it really depends on what you're doing while you play... I still recommend reading the linked threads.
<<

Kursadors

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:34 pm

lax wrote:

Support is just some guys trying to do their job. This is no different than what most people say they heard from support, when they first contacted support on their own. It's not just WoW either, when I got banned from RIFT, that is what Trion's support originally said to me as well, before I escalated to a more senior GM that reversed the ban.

We don't know what you said to them that they responded this way to, we can't verify that you used nothing but ISBoxer (this would even include things you may have stopped using weeks ago), we can't determine that you didn't set up some macros in your mouse software, etc.

With that said, if all you want is keyboard and mouse repeat, what you want to do is use the Quick Setup Wizard, and when it asks a configuration style, choose "Generic Broadcasting" instead of "MMO - Standard".

But again, there are thousands of multiboxers in US, EU and other regions, and these features of ISBoxer are 10 years old -- and in ubiquitous use by WoW multiboxers.

There's people streaming WoW multiboxing on Twitch constantly, including in EU, and I guarantee they are all using these features that you're asking how to disable. Some of them have even been banned based on player reports -- we've talked to multiple streamers in the last year who had gotten banned, and then got the bans reversed. At least one of those was an EU player!

So again... it really depends on what you're doing while you play... I still recommend reading the linked threads.

Your answers helped me a lot. Thanks you very much.
<<

Nassim

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:56 am

Kursadors wrote: (1 click = camera+macros follow+ SHift+H on/off repeater for mouse)

I didn't understand, but keep in mind that one click (one action) from your part = one action in WoW.

a macro is an action, you can't do "macro + SHIFT+H" with the same button.
you can do a macro on button press and then SHIFT+H on button release.
two macros with a single button is not allowed too, so create your own single macro that groups camera+fellow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:20 am

Nassim wrote:I didn't understand, but keep in mind that one click (one action) from your part = one action in WoW.

a macro is an action, you can't do "macro + SHIFT+H" with the same button.
you can do a macro on button press and then SHIFT+H on button release.
two macros with a single button is not allowed too, so create your own single macro that groups camera+fellow.

Sorry my friend, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but every time this "one key = one action" thing is referenced, it's wrong. I must ask you not to repeat the wrong, especially on these forums. It is always taken out of context.

A macro is not an action in terms of the WoW rules. You can do A B C D E F G with the same button, you can do Q and W with the same button, and so on. Pressing two buttons at once (or heaven forbid, three) does not make you a bot in terms of WoW's rules any more than pressing one button at once. Moving diagonally with one button instead of two buttons does not make you a bot.

They do not want you to press a button that initiates some action, waits for global cooldown, does the next action, and so on. The game is already restricting what you can do at once with your button press. Autofire and delayed action like this are not available features of ISBoxer.

There is nothing wrong with "macro + Shift+H with the same button". ISBoxer generates Assist and Broadcast keys for you, by default, for World of Warcraft, for the last 10 years. It is doing an assist macro, and pressing the key. You're not magically becoming a bot when you press the Hotkey, and this is not related to the ban
<<

Nassim

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Thank's for the clarification lax :)

Return to General