FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Beginner needs some help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bob P

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Beginner needs some help

Hello,
I recently purchased boxer and used it for a few weeks on an old computer. I recently upgraded to a new powerful system and when I got everything installed, it no longer works. I added the innerspace exe to my firewall permissions, made sure my antivirus was not blocking it and installed it several times.

The problem I am having is when I launch a character set (from either innerspace or the toolkit), it tries to launch Battle.net (even if it is running) and that is it. If I launch the game manually, the game runs in the correct window configuration that I set up in the tool kit and logs in the character slot 1. It stops there instead of launching the next account and the next account and so on. I only have 3 slots in the character set profile BTW.

Since the software and the WoW seems to run fine besides what I mentioned, I could not really find anything in the general problems area of the forum.
I have uploaded my config to pastbin.com as requested in the instructions and the link is https://pastebin.com/kKD4qwMt . I tested the link and it works.

I am hoping this is just a simple issue and I just do not know enough about this subject to diagnose any farther than I have. It worked flawlessly on my 6 year old PC with 4 monitors, so it is definitely something with this new PC and monitor combo.

I did notice one thing, when I installed it on my old computer, it forced a DirectX install on it. This new computer it did not. I assume it is because this new computer is current, but not sure.

I am a frustrated noob and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks
<<

jabberie

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Re: Beginner needs some help

Check this out to start with please >> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9578
<<

Bob P

Post Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Thankyou for the point in the right direction! I do not know how I missed that instructional when searching the forums initially but that was the problem. That and some key binding errors that I did not notice at first once the game launched properly. I found the answer to that in your forum as well!
I really appreciate the people in this forum for taking the time to help. You could easily just ignore the noobs! This forum has the number one spot in my bookmarks list on my new rig!

Thanks again!
<<

jabberie

Post Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 pm

You are very welcome.

There is also a Isboxer discord which can be useful as well.
https://discord.me/isboxer

Return to World of Warcraft