FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree of Savior (steam) - December 2018

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Comrade

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 am

Tree of Savior (steam) - December 2018

Updated to the latest patch for Inner Space and got Tree of Savior to run. Using the old instructions from here, I managed to run four instances of the game, however, for characters with no active steam running, they will crash to desktop when changing maps. The instance with an active steam running works properly. I need help in fixing this if possible.

Additional Details:
This is actually an old issue related to the steam app. Previously, for the instances with no active steam running, they can switch maps normally and only crash when changing characters (since the game probably checks for steam on the character selection screen). Now in the most recent ToS version, the same crash is now happening when changing maps/channels, but unfortunately I do not know when this started since it's been a long time since I multiboxed.

If there's a way to somehow run multiple instances of steam for each ToS.exe, without having to do "end task" on steam.exe each time, that would make multiboxing with ToS much much easier and less frustrating. Please help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 am

Re: Tree of Savior (steam) - December 2018

I've not tested it recently, but ISBoxer should actually allow multiple instances of Steam now.

What happens if you skip step 5?
<<

Comrade

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:46 am

After opening the 2nd steam instance, I get the error below when I launch the game:

<<

Comrade

Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm

Any updates on this? It would be nice to have a fix soon.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:14 am

I have a few requests for an update to Steam support. I should have some time tomorrow to have a look. :)
<<

Comrade

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am

Your help is appreciated :mrgreen:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Inner Space build 6378, now the development build of Inner Space as of this post, fixes Steam compatibility. :)

I have updated the original instructions (from the same thread linked earlier http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7810&start=10) as follows. Have a go, and let me know!

Under "Before you configure" #1 now says 6378 for the Inner Space version
1. Switch to the development build of Inner Space; you need build 6378 or later. Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. You will need to click "Patch these Files".

Launching your Character Set:
1. Close any running instance of Steam (steam.exe), Tree of Savior (client_tos.exe), or the Tree of Savior launcher (tos.exe). Note: If you auto login to Steam, you may need to manually sign out to switch accounts for this process.
2. Select your Character Set for launch; this should launch Steam and allow you to log in
3. Launch Tree of Savior through Steam
4. Select your Server in Tree of Savior
5. THE NEXT INSTANCE OF STEAM SHOULD ALREADY BE LAUNCHING ALONGSIDE THE PREVIOUS INSTANCE(S) by the time Tree of Savior is loaded to select your server. Just launch Tree of Savior from the next Steam instance!
5b. If the next instance of Steam does not automatically launch, you can repeat from step #2. it should launch the next Steam.exe instance.
<<

Comrade

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:02 pm

After some testing I managed to have two instances run, both with their own steam.exe. This allowed me switch maps and change characters for either instances which is a huge improvement.

However, when launching a new character set slot, there's a high chance that the previous steam.exe will crash, showing the error below:

I haven't succeeded in launching three instances successfully yet (since steam.exe crashes too often). It would be great if the steam.exe stability is fixed, and for the meantime I'll do further tests in my end.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:22 pm

I have no issues launching at this point.

It sounds like we probably want Compatibility Diagnostics to help resolve the issue you're having with it now.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Comrade

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Here are the Compatibility Diagnostics. All user information has been redacted accordingly:

steam.exe diagnostics
client_tos.exe diagnostics
Next

Return to Other