FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

isboxer launcher- always showing capsuleer video

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Roentgen

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

isboxer launcher- always showing capsuleer video

I use the isboxer launcher. loads the clients but every single time on all but one of the accounts it shows some intro video that was part of a recent client update. Its not saving any settings changes either. Most of the clients have max grahics and sound enabled.... I disable them and the next time I run the launcher... video again and settings reverted,

any advice?
<<

Roentgen

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: isboxer launcher- always showing capsuleer video

looking at the isboxer toolkit I see something called Virtual files which appears to save settings such as sound and graphics.

where are these files stored? For some reason they don;t seem to save any changes made like disabling sound.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Virtual Files can create per character copies (or in some cases per team copies) which get saved to the same place that the game saves the usual files. So the answer is, wherever the game normally saves files is where the virtual files will be.

As for not saving. It is up to the game to save files. ISBoxer doesn't do that. If you have a virtual file, then that is just a redirected file name, so the game says I want to access file document.txt, and ISBoxer intercepts and says sure, you can use document-virtual1.txt instead. The game still reads normally, and writes normally, but just uses the redirected file name.
If you don't have a virtual file, it is still up to the game to save it.

There have been the odd occasions where game updates have changed how they access files, which has then resulted in some needed changes to the virtual files feature, but so far, this is the first report of this issue with EVE, so I suspect it is probably more something local.

The default virtual files for EVE don't include the settings folder anymore, which some people like to use. What Virtual files do you have? Maybe the issue is elsewhere and you get an error when closing the game that you're not telling us about? Perhaps a compatibility diagnostic will show up something that might be causing an issue.
<<

Roentgen

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am

thank you for the reply. I had searched for all instances of uerid and charinfo files for each account. I made sure they were all uniform. There were saved in the general cache folder and then again in folder for each eve game profile I had made. Just 2. Default and PVP.

while some information could be changed.... it was specifc things in settings for graphics settings and audio that always revert back to something I dont want.

I deleted the virtual files on the isboxer tool kit and that fixed it.

where is info for graphics and audio saved? Normally when change one of those....it is static across all characters on that account. Therefore stored in something else other than charinfo and userid files.
<<

Roentgen

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:44 am

OK some poking around......

audio video and a few other settings are stored in "core_public__.yaml"

Eve online now uses "profiles" and each profile is stored in a separate folder under whatever user named it. for me it was .....

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility\settings_Default
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility\settings_Pvp1

etc

HOWEVER there is an additional folder which is separate that isboxer appears to use:

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility\settings

I start the game normal with "default" profile selected and it modifies core_public__.yaml under that folder. I copy this file to the settings folder NOT under the game profiles.... and now when isboxer loads... it has updated to the settings I saved starting game normally.

Not sure I explained that well.

so in my particular case (others can check their own)..... settings for isboxer are under its own folder. Making an change and logging off while using isboxer doesn't update the yaml file for me. only copy paste did.

Return to EVE Online