FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dxNothing resolution help!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Neon Black

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:18 am

dxNothing resolution help!

Hey all,

New to the forums and new ISBoxer user. I am attempting to create a dxnothing layout to view and control three EVE online toons. Character 4 - dxnothing - boots up much larger than the screen of my computer. It is running in 1920x1080 like the rest of the regions, but dxnothing doesn't fit in the screen and is much more zoomed in and stretched.

I'm not sure how else to explain it but yeah, it doesn't fit right. If I can get past this I will be a happy gamer. Any help MUCH appreciated.

- NB
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:08 am

Re: dxNothing resolution help!

You have two choices.

1. Create a Window Layout for your character set via the Window Layout Wizard, that is a Stacked Full Screen layout. This will put everything in the same swap group, but it will clear the RESET and ACTIVE regions for the layout. You should be using a Stacked layout already, or at least something which is setting all the region to render and display at the same size.
  2. Edit your Window Layout, and put the region that the DXNothing is using into it's own Swap Group. i.e. Select your window layout in the top left, select Regions in the lower left, then on the Regions tab on the right, select the region in the drop down that the DXNothing uses, and then at the bottom set the Swap Group to something other than what the other regions are using (they have different coloured borders so it is reasonably simple to determine).
<<

Neon Black

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:33 am

Appreciate the advise. I tried what you suggested but to no avail... The dxnothing region is way bigger than the others,doesn't fit in the screen, and distorts any viewers set to display on it. even the FPS text in the top left corner is about twice the size of the text in regions 1-3.
<<

bob

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:40 am

I might have misunderstood what you meant initially then.
It doesn't leave much in the way of options though.

If you have multiple screens, then it might be sized for a larger screen and you have moved it across.
More likely though is that the screen is using Display Scaling (and if you are using Windows 10, it might even lie about it). Try setting it to 100% (if using Windows 10, it might say that already, so you need to set to something else, and then back again).

How to get there on Windows 10. You can google other versions.
<<

Neon Black

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:05 am

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for making my life a whole lot simpler! And for being so prompt! Very now to go blow up space ships! TYTYTYTY!

-NB
<<

Hilkarus

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 and the scaling is set to 150% on my system. It is the most confortable settings for me. The problem is that it makes dxNothing window unusable. Is there a fix to this problem ?

Thanks for your help.
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:59 pm

You can set this App Compatibility flag on DXNothing.exe (probably both the one in C:\Program Files(x86)\InnerSpace and C:\Program Files(x86)\InnerSpace\x64)

You may also want it on the toolkit if you are having issues with dropdowns or various other controls not sizing correctly.
<<

Hilkarus

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Thank you very much Bob !
<<

Hilkarus

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi again Bob,

I just came back home and tried what you adviced me to do but I have a different set of settings on my Windows 10 :

So I used the setting looking like yours and it doesn't fix my issue.

Do you have a idea of what I should do ?

Thanks for your help.
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:25 am

I never took French.

It's funny how Windows UI people ehave time to muck around and change forms/buttons on pages, yet can't fix the "settings" so that 1. it doesn't need old Control Panel anymore, and 2. things take less click fests to get to than they used to when using the old Control Panel, and 3. you can actually find things using the search function which seems mostly incapable of finding things.

However, whinge aside, if setting the DPI scaling option did not fix your problem, then perhaps your problem is not the same as the OP at all, and rather, in your Window Layout, your DXNothing is not in a separate Swap Group, so instead it is being set to use the same window size as your reset region, and then being scaled to fit the region size that the DXNothing is being allocated to.

So, ensure that your DXNothing's region in the WIndow Layout, is in it's own swap group (or, if you started out with a stacked layout, make sure the Active Region and Reset Region has not been set for that swap group).
If in doubt, share your config.
Next

Return to General